Synching to multiple Outlook Calendars

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
I can only sync to one calendar. The option within iTunes to sync selected calendars is not selectable and with all calendars selected, only the main outlook calendar syncs.

Any ideas?

webhofe

Nov 29, 2007
why would you wish to sync with more than 1 calander? i think you need to have more than 1 pst file within outlook with a calander. try this.

close outlook. click on control panel, mail, data files, add and then save it.

now try and see if you can sync with more calanders?

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
The issue is not with Outlook. Outlook supports several calendar files in the same PST.

The issue is that the sync multiple calendar option is not available (greyed out) in iTunes.

Multiple calendars work great in Outlook and GCal. It's just that I can't get iTunes to 'un-grey' the option.

Dec 21, 2007
The issue is not with Outlook. Outlook supports several calendar files in the same PST.

The issue is that the sync multiple calendar option is not available (greyed out) in iTunes.

Multiple calendars work great in Outlook and GCal. It's just that I can't get iTunes to 'un-grey' the option.
I spent a couple of hours on the phone with Apple about this exact issue. I eventually got up to 2nd level support and what I ended up finding out was that currently the iPhone and iPod Touch only support the synchronization with the default calendar in outlook 2007, even though I can sync several calendars just fine on my iPod Nano.

mkaz13

Nov 13, 2008
Same issue...does MobileMe solve this?

I'm having the same issue with multiple Outlook calendars on two different computers. I've signed up for MobileMe hoping that would offer the solution, but it seems to present even more complexity with the addition of a new e-mail address *.me.com. Does anyone know whether MobileMe is actually the solution for this issue?:)

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I'm having the same issue with multiple Outlook calendars on two different computers. I've signed up for MobileMe hoping that would offer the solution, but it seems to present even more complexity with the addition of a new e-mail address *.me.com. Does anyone know whether MobileMe is actually the solution for this issue?:)
I am trying to sync my 0utlook 2003 calendar at home, my Outlook 2007 at the office and my iPhone and I get appointments duplicated, deleted. No where in any of Apple's written information does it address the issue in depth of synchronization. I was considering MM in hopes that would solve the problem but your post has stopped me from doing that. Anyone out there that can help us?

Jerry

anandjee

Dec 21, 2008
UK
I spent a couple of hours on the phone with Apple about this exact issue. I eventually got up to 2nd level support and what I ended up finding out was that currently the iPhone and iPod Touch only support the synchronization with the default calendar in outlook 2007, even though I can sync several calendars just fine on my iPod Nano.
Dear Nephipower
I have 3 calendars on my desktop.
1. Default = empty
2. Company Calender = I don't want that
3. Personal one = I want to make that default

Same with contacts.
1. Compant contact = I don't want
2. Personal one which I do want

How do I make specific Calenders and accompanying contacts default?
;-)

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
When I go to the info tab for the 3G in iTunes I see a check box ofr Sync contacts and one for Sync calendars.

Check those.

Then choose Selected Groups and Selected calendars.

Then Check the Contact group and Calendars you want to sync.

That works for me.

Have you got the latest iTunes?

Feb 12, 2011
I had this problem using Outlook 2003.I needed to sync home and work calendars onto iPhone 4. Slightly convoluted, but what I do now is copy the pst file from my office to a separate pst file in Outlook on my home desktop, using my laptop as an intermediary. I then make a copy of the Office calendar and add it as a sub folder of my home calendar in the folder tree in Outlook. I then set the iPhone software to sync all calendars, and hey presto, it syncs both onto the iPhone4. When I update the office pst file I simply delete the old sub folder in the home tree, and copy the updated file into a new sub folder. it works!