Synchronizing email but not Calendar or Contacts?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

itdweeb99

Aug 2, 2007
I was able to successfuly get my iPhone synchronizing with my exchange server via IMAP. However, I noticed that I can only access my mail. What about calendars and contacts? Isn't there any way to sync this information wirelessly? This was very simple on my Windows Mobile Phone. It seems as the the iPhone can't do this. Please help.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I was able to successfuly get my iPhone synchronizing with my exchange server via IMAP. However, I noticed that I can only access my mail. What about calendars and contacts? Isn't there any way to sync this information wirelessly? This was very simple on my Windows Mobile Phone. It seems as the the iPhone can't do this. Please help.
You're right...the iPhone does not do this. The only over-the-air Exchange syncing it performs is Mail, and only through IMAP.

I really, really, really hope Apple offers true Exchange functionality soon. IMO, that's its biggest current weakness. I'd be willing to live without a lot of other bells & whistles if I could use this thing more productively for work.