Syncing Albums to iPhone 3G

BJL1974

Aug 12, 2008
I have several hundred albums worth of music from my personal CD collection that I'd like to be able to sync by album to my iPhone. Everything's tagged in iTunes, but it seems the only way to sync music is by playlist. Is there something I'm missing that will allow me to sync individual albums without having to manually create playlists for each album or re-rip all my CDs? I'm running iTunes 7.7.1 on PC with Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
You could create a Playlist called iPhone and drag and drop albums there. It will still show up as a playlist but you will be able to view the album covers in album view. That's how I sync my music to my iPhone because I've got too much music in my iTunes library to sync all of them.

BJL1974

Aug 12, 2008
Thanks. I'll go that route for a temporary solution. It would probably be a nice feature in a future version if iTunes listed all the albums in a format similar to how playlists are displayed on the sync page.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Try it with a few albums then take a look at your phone and see if it works for you. I think it is what you're looking for.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I have several hundred albums worth of music from my personal CD collection that I'd like to be able to sync by album to my iPhone. Everything's tagged in iTunes, but it seems the only way to sync music is by playlist. Is there something I'm missing that will allow me to sync individual albums without having to manually create playlists for each album or re-rip all my CDs? I'm running iTunes 7.7.1 on PC with Vista Ultimate 64-bit.
In your music library highlight all the songs in an album that you DON'T want to put on your phone. Right click and choose uncheck selection. This will uncheck all the songs in that album.
After you have finished doing this to all the albums you don't want, you can then check sync music-all songs and playlist. Your unchecked songs will not be put on the phone.