syncing and then restoring after you've modded?

low

Jul 9, 2007
hello all,

so im about to mod my icons on my home screen (thanks for everyone whos shared).

i messed up earlier but was able to restore it from the last sync i made which was yesterday.

i was wondering when i change the icons and then sync, and then the next time i need to restore, would it restore with the new modifications i had made last from that last sync? IE, i may want to change icons or just go back to a default look later on.

tia

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
hello all,

so im about to mod my icons on my home screen (thanks for everyone whos shared).

i messed up earlier but was able to restore it from the last sync i made which was yesterday.

i was wondering when i change the icons and then sync, and then the next time i need to restore, would it restore with the new modifications i had made last from that last sync? IE, i may want to change icons or just go back to a default look later on.

tia
It will restore with the factory icons not the ones you modded.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
hey what about that update file we zipped, do we just leave zipped? unzip it? delete it? what?

kryptedak

Sep 21, 2007
restore, iTunes

hello all,

tia

hey guys,
i successfuly software unl****ed my phone but im having problems with the adding applicatons part of ibrickr, if i do a restore in iTunes will i have to unlock my phone again?

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
No, a restore will not undo your unlock. This is both a boon and a curse.

For a full restore:
http://www.iPhonegoboom.com#restore

TAKE SPECIAL NOTE: IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO UNDO WHAT YOU DID TO THE BASEBAND, DON'T DO IT. YOU MAY HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF TIMES FOR THE UNLOCK. BE FOREWARNED.

And don't make restore a habit. There are few things that can happen to the phone that you can't undo without a restore...

Sep 26, 2007
i can't sync?

My phone has been modded using apptapp, and I attempted to sync my phone prior to updating but iTunes only gives me the option of restoring my iPhone to the last time it was synced which unfortunately, wasn't recently. i was hoping to sync one last time to save my new contacts and calendar dates before updating. i don't care about losing my mods i just want my calendar and contact to be safe. any suggestions other than manually updating the info on my home computer?

kryptedak

Sep 21, 2007
restore/relock/unlocking

No, a restore will not undo your unlock. This is both a boon and a curse.

For a full restore:
http://www.iPhonegoboom.com#restore

TAKE SPECIAL NOTE: IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO UNDO WHAT YOU DID TO THE BASEBAND, DON'T DO IT. YOU MAY HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF TIMES FOR THE UNLOCK. BE FOREWARNED.

And don't make restore a habit. There are few things that can happen to the phone that you can't undo without a restore...

haha, yeah so after i wrote "should i restore" i just did it anyways, after it finished it rebooted my phone and said invalid sim! haha i was scared, but than i ran this ftp replacement aka(a file to allow you to run utube without sim) it unlocked my phone to where i could open it up in iTunes, gave me the option to restore my phone to previous state, and did everything was back to normal except mods........haha...*whew

Sep 26, 2007
My phone has been modded using apptapp, and I attempted to sync my phone prior to updating but iTunes only gives me the option of restoring my iPhone to the last time it was synced which unfortunately, wasn't recently. i was hoping to sync one last time to save my new contacts and calendar dates before updating. i don't care about losing my mods i just want my calendar and contact to be safe. any suggestions other than manually updating the info on my home computer?
UPDATE:
so i went ahead and manually updated my calendar on my home computer, restored my phone and guess what, i didn't lose any of my mods! madness. but i'm happy. it also says my phone is currently up to date. so i guess i was worried for nothing.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
UPDATE:
so i went ahead and manually updated my calendar on my home computer, restored my phone and guess what, i didn't lose any of my mods! madness. but i'm happy. it also says my phone is currently up to date. so i guess i was worried for nothing.
chescaleigh, if you still have your mods it's pretty safe to say that a restore is not something you did.

If you held power + home for many seconds until phone turned on again you did a HARD RESET.

Power + home for 25 s + iPhone is connected via dock + iTunes is open = RESTORE.

Power buttons for 1-2s = SHUTDOWN.

Hope that helps...