Syncing CDs to iPhone 5 since iTunes update

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Prozium12, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I updated to the latest iTunes and had a few CDs I wanted to upload to my ip5 so I uploaded to iTunes all good but I then tried to sync the CDs to my ip5 and it wouldn't do it i was hooked up to laptop not doing over wifi i tried a few times but nothing so I tried unticking some music that was already on my ip5 and it didn't delete them either so i restored my laptop to the 13/12/12 before the latest iTunes update and reloaded CDs onto iTunes and tried to sync them to my ip5 and it worked first time as normal, is there a glitch with the latest iTunes update version 11.0.1 has anybody else tried syncing CDs or films threw iTunes...

2. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

When you install the newer version of iTunes, look to be sure that Manual management of your music and videos isn't enabled. With your iPhone connected and I tunes open, click on your phone on the left side of the page and the iPhone's summary page will come up. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and make sure that the button marked "Manually manage music and videos" is not checked. If it is checked, you can either un-check it and try again or drag and drop the music manually into the music on your phone. Manual management keeps iTunes from syncing music and videos in the normal manner you are used to. Un-checking it will cause iTunes to put what ever is checked, in your iTunes music and video libraries, into the iPhone during the next sync session. Hope this helps.

3. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks gonna give it a try.. But why has this never happened before when there's been an iTunes update that's what I can't understand.. But Thanks for advice will let u know

4. iByron

iByron Member
    Bronze

yes I had this issue, it wouldn't even import some of the songs it hit or miss, and I have songs in an unknown album and they don't show in library of my phone in album view, but if i search them it finds them