Syncing contacts from the Mac and adding them to the iPhone

comncense

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Ok, somehow I managed to delete a bunch of my contacts out of my iPhone, but good thing is... I had all of my contacts backed up in Address Book on my Mac. However, when I go to sync it seems to want to sync my Mac to what is existing in my iPhone, which would delete all the contacts that I need. Is there a way to do this vice-versa where the iPhone would take whatever is in Address Book and add the missing contacts?

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
Ok, somehow I managed to delete a bunch of my contacts out of my iPhone, but good thing is... I had all of my contacts backed up in Address Book on my Mac. However, when I go to sync it seems to want to sync my Mac to what is existing in my iPhone, which would delete all the contacts that I need. Is there a way to do this vice-versa where the iPhone would take whatever is in Address Book and add the missing contacts?
Normally, unless you set iTunes to replace all information on the iPhone, it will merge all data or contacts. If there is some sort of conflict, it will give you the option to review the conflict and select which contact you want synced. If iTunes appears hell-bent on replacing everything on the iPhone, find out if somehow you have the box checked in the Info section, down at the bottom under advanced. That would case the computer to overwrite the phone and not merge.

If that box isn't checked, I don't know what else to tell you other than be careful! Goodluck.