Syncing Contacts Without iTunes

besweeet

Contributor
Silver
Jun 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
briansweet.me
I need to add contacts to a new iPhone without using iTunes. Why? I have Office 2010 x64 installed, and it doesn't work properly with iTunes.

SO is there some external program that I can use to sync contacts with?

UPDATE: Nevermind. I exported the contacts from Outlook into a CSV file, went into the normal Contacts folder, imported the CSV, and switching iTunes from Outlook to Windows Contacts. Works like a charm ;).

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I know you can sync contacts over the air from a Google or Yahoo account. I've never used MobileMe but that would work as well.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I highly recommend MobileMe. There is no better way to manage contacts IMO. They have a two month free trial. You're going to have to solve the iTunes problem sooner or later, right? Maybe sync it with another computer?

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
I need to add contacts to a new iPhone without using iTunes. Why? I have Office 2010 x64 installed, and it doesn't work properly with iTunes.

SO is there some external program that I can use to sync contacts with?

UPDATE: Nevermind. I exported the contacts from Outlook into a CSV file, went into the normal Contacts folder, imported the CSV, and switching iTunes from Outlook to Windows Contacts. Works like a charm ;).
Can you do the same for your calendar? I too have the same issue, can't believe iTunes does not have a fix for 64 bit users!

asctony

Bronze
Jul 30, 2009
MI
switching iTunes from Outlook to Windows Contacts. Works like a charm ;).
How did you change/switch iTunes from Outlook to Windows Claneder? I have problems with contacts and when I use iTunes Info to sync Calender, iTunes Info shows 'NO SUPPORTED CALENDER CAN BE FOUND' I have checked preference settings and cannot see anywhere how to change this.
Thanks!

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
anyone know about synching a calendar without having to use Google or Yahoo calendar?