Syncing email

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jjk454ss

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
OK, I have 3 email accounts that I use on my Mac with Mail. I check 2 of them on my iPhone, but I don't want the 3rd one on my phone. Everytime I sync though, it syncs all 3 accounts. Is there a way to make sure it only syncs the 2 accounts, not the 3rd?

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Under the info tab of iTunes, there is section for Mail. Select the accounts you wish to sync with the iPhone there. I believe that works. I set the phone up before I got the MacBook.

madia

Jan 3, 2008
Under the info tab of iTunes, there is section for Mail. Select the accounts you wish to sync with the iPhone there. I believe that works. I set the phone up before I got the MacBook.
I use a gmail account in both my iPhone and Mac Mail but I cannot seem to get them to sync. I've tried to use iTunes but no success. any ideas?
thanks,

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Thanks, I'm fairly new at this. can you suggest which settings to adjust?
bill
Open up gmail on your computer and enable IMAP.

Gmail>Settings>Forwarding and Pop/IMAP

In IMAP Access, select Enable IMAP

Now set up your gmail as an IMAP account instead of POP3 account in your mail settings on your phone.

I'm not sure how you're going to get your macmail to sync like this, but if you can set it up as an IMAP account, I'm sure it would be very similar.

I just forward all my POP3 accounts to my gmail account. That way I only have one to look through (other than my Exchange account from work).

Hope this helps.