Syncing iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by twallyf, Jul 9, 2012.

1. twallyf

twallyf Member
    Bronze

I'm trying to sync my iPad, but it won't show the tabs at the top of the big window on the right. All it says is iPad in the center. Anybody know how I can get it to turn on those tabs?

2. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

According to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386

"Some tabs may not appear if you do not have corresponding content in your library. For example if you do not have any podcasts in your library, the corresponding Podcast tab will not appear."

Do you have music, apps, and stuff?

What are you running iTunes on? (Mac? Windows XP? Windows 7?)

3. twallyf

twallyf Member
    Bronze

I have movies, music, etc, but not even those tabs show up. It works the way it should when I sync my iPhone. Not sure if the iPhone causes an issue. I'm using windows.

4. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

It shouldn't cause an issue. I have an iPhone and iPad, and I've got all of the tabs on all of them.

What does the iPad tab look like in iTunes right now?

Was the iPad hooked up to a different computer previously? (If so, it probably would have asked you to erase it or set it up as a restore from your iPhone)

Anything already on the iPad that you don't want to lose? (If not, I'd see what happens if you hit the restore button to wipe it and set it up from scratch again)

edited to mention the easiest solution if the sync service has stopped working on the iPad, try a reboot. Hold power button til the slider shows up, then slide, wait about 30 seconds or however long it takes til the spinner goes way, then turn it back on

5. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

Did you set any restrictions on your iPad? It is under General in the Setup group.