Syncing iPhone: Lost Name?

kackac

Jan 1, 2008
I'm having a problem syncing my iPhone v1 for some reason. I accidentally cleared off the title under devices where the iPhone is named, and it won't let me rewrite this title, and ever since that happened yesterday it has not allowed me to sync my phone. When I plug it in the top says "Verifying.." and when I click sync it says "Syncing" but doesn't show any progress in any of these steps. It simply has the grey diagnal lines going the whole time. Anyone know a way to rename the phone or fix my problem? I tried double clicking on the device on the left but it still won't let me rename it. Thanks for the help.

Also, when I tried syncing yesterday all of my music was cleared off of the iPhone. This is rather annoying.

AWY

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
California
Interesting, the very same happened to my V1 after I upgraded to 3.0, as well. I did the same, as you have already attempted. I simply double clicked the device name under "Devices" and retyped the name. The name has remained after 2 subsequent syncs and without issue. Good luck!