Syncing iPhone to desktop via WiFi

Oct 19, 2008
I am running Windows XP SP3 and trying to synch eWallet with an iPhone.

I have a D-Link DSL G604T wireless modem router and am running BitDefender Total Security 2009.

The only way I can sync eWallet between the iPhone and the Desktop is to turn off the BitDefender Firewall and to turn off the firewall in the G604T. In the G604T, I have to disable DoS protection – SYN Flooding checking and ICMP Redirection checking, and Port Scan Protection – FIN/URG/PSH, Xmas Tree, Null Scan, SYN/RST and SYNFIN attacks. I also have to disable Service Filtering – Telnet, FTP, DNS, IKE, RIP and DHCP from external attacks and ICMP from LAN.

With al the above disabled, I can synch iPhone to Desktop.

I tried enabled things one at a time but straightaway I couldn’t sync.

I don’t want firewalls turned off.

There must be some settings I can adjust so that I can sync with firewall protection.

Can someone please help.

Regards
John

Last edited by a moderator:

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Doesn't your router have a hardware firewall - I think it does. If so, do you really need the software protection too?

Oct 19, 2008
Doesn't your router have a hardware firewall - I think it does. If so, do you really need the software protection too?
Yes - you are right - the router does have a hardware firewall but the combination has worked well for some time now - so as they say - if it isn't broke, don't change it.

But if I turn off the software (BitDefender) protection, the router firewall is still hampering me. I am moe than happy to disable the BitDefender firewall if I can sync with the router firewall in place.

John

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
most routers have an exception table you can set for special applications somewhere in the router setup and config