Syncing multiple phones on iTunes account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trulyleaves, Oct 28, 2012.

1. trulyleaves

trulyleaves New Member

My husband has an iPhone 4 & I have the 5 but when I tried to sync through our iTunes account all my contacts went onto my husbands phone and when he deletes one it also deletes off my phone. How can we correct this? I tried setting husband up with his own iTunes account but the phone still has my account info.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Use separate google account for your contacts and sync those over the air separately. And be able to share the media and apps. I have 2 iPhones and a iPod touch on the one iTunes account. As for the apps uncheck sync apps automatically when you're device (each one) is plugged into iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe

3. josh.ua

josh.ua Member
    Bronze

You need to go in his phone under Settings>iCloud and delete the account. Just make sure when it asks to "Keep data on my iPhone" or "Delete data from my iPhone" that you select KEEP. Then he can sign into iCloud with his iTunes/Apple ID on his phone and you can stay signed in on yours. Once you are both signed into your own accounts on each of your devices (in the iCloud section of settings, not the iTunes & App Store section) then you have to go through each of your contacts manually and delete them. There is no way to go through and delete all of his from your phone automatically.

4. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

That way will work but to prevent further sync issues. Just export you're contacts and make a google account it will be less hassle. Everyone I know only uses the iCloud for safari, photo stream, notes things like that

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe

5. josh.ua

josh.ua Member
    Bronze

Exporting the contacts and making another account is just as much work except that you also have to maintain another account on a different service...

6. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I agree. There is no reason to go to a different service, when all you have to do is have separate iCloud accounts and sync your contacts (and calendars, if you choose) through iCloud, and not iTunes.