Syncing music

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Darnell, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Darnell

Darnell New Member

Does anybody know how I can sync just music from somebody iTunes without sinking everything that they have to my phone

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Easy, get the list of music you want & purchase it from iTunes on your device.

Sent using iCafe app

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Trying to copy music from someone else's iTunes account to your device is akin to theft. You are taking something you didn't pay for. As far as iTunes is concerned, that's a Bozo No No.

Sent using my iPhone 5

4. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

You can also just export the files (songs) to a drive then import them to your iTunes. Then sync your new playlist to your phone.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Rugaby's suggestion will work. Another one is to use an app that lets you copy stuff directly from a computer to the phone. It will go in whichever app you use, rather than the stock music app, but you can transfer it to iTunes on your computer when you get home and sync it and then it will be in the music app. Until then, you can play it from that app you used.

6. Darnell

Darnell New Member

Thanks it's actually my wife's computer I just didn't want her email and school info on my phone also some of the music I put on her phone was added from CDs but it was all Purchased by me so no it's not theft but thanks Europa thanks
    Rugabi I guess I should have mentioned we share an iTunes account

7. Madlockz

Madlockz Member
    Bronze

Connect your phone to her computer and when you see the phone show up in the iTunes click on it.

A message will come up that content on your phone could not be saved to the iTunes library. ( and that's cool because you don't want that anyway )

You have to disable all of the sync options. Apps, music ,movies etc.
    ( choose manually manage music )

After all of this is done you can get the music from her iTunes library I have done this to my wife's phone as well as to a couple of my friends phone. (Giving them music from my iTunes library)

We both have iPhone 5's and I did this from a P.C

Sent using iCafe app

8. Darnell

Darnell New Member

Thank this worked!

Sent using iCafe app

9. Madlockz

Madlockz Member
    Bronze

No problem but the only drawback to this is that if you have another computer that you connect your phone to it will erase all of the music when it syncs.

It won't allow you to over ride your iTunes library with someone else's. but if you change the option to sync the iPhone every time the phone is connected that will help you also. ( uncheck that box )

Good luck with everything .

Sent using iCafe app