syncing Outlook business contacts

Jakeyw

Jan 16, 2008
Just got my iPod Touch and it syncs my Outlook calendar and regular contacts beautifully, but none of the contacts in the Business Contact Manager. Any suggestions on how to sync them as well?
Thanks!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Oh, sorry the businesss contacts is really an addon to the Outlook which is separate, and the iTunes summary panel will only sync the Outlook, or windows contacts and not businesss contacts.
Sorry:eek:

Jakeyw

Jan 16, 2008
Oh, sorry the businesss contacts is really an addon to the Outlook which is separate, and the iTunes summary panel will only sync the Outlook, or windows contacts and not businesss contacts.
Sorry:eek:
I actually bought this with the assurance from you about a week ago that I would be able to sync my businesss contacts. Since you seem to be very active on this forum, I wanted to let you know of the work-around that I figured out so you could advise others if the question is asked in the future. I have exported both my regular contacts and my businesss contacts to csv files, then imported that to the Windows Address Book. The iPod Touch (and, I assume, the iPhone) can sync with that.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I actually bought this with the assurance from you about a week ago that I would be able to sync my businesss contacts. Since you seem to be very active on this forum, I wanted to let you know of the work-around that I figured out so you could advise others if the question is asked in the future. I have exported both my regular contacts and my businesss contacts to csv files, then imported that to the Windows Address Book. The iPod Touch (and, I assume, the iPhone) can sync with that.
Thanks for the work-a-round, so then you just forget about the robust Outlook ? Then your windows address book becomes your default on the computer. As you know you can only sync one through the summary panel with either one only.

fgcosta

Nov 3, 2008
Bangalore, India
Thanks for the work-a-round, so then you just forget about the robust Outlook ? Then your windows address book becomes your default on the computer. As you know you can only sync one through the summary panel with either one only.
There's an easier way! Right click in "Business Contacts in Business Contact Manager" and select Properties. Click "Outlook Address Book" and just check the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book".

It should now appear in the iTunes.

Dec 8, 2008
Thanks for the info. I checked 'Show this folder as an e-mail address book' and it did not sync. iTunes recognized the change, but did not sync it. Any other suggestions?

davez

Aug 22, 2009
Perhaps a solution...

I found a product called Companion Link. I will sync iPhone with Outlook 2007 with BCM, but I understand it will only do it wirelessly. Once you hook up your iPhone direct to your computer iTunes opens and Companion Link does not like that. I read about this synchronization software and it is very highly rated. Also recommended by many resellers and software integrators. I am going to give it a try. Here's the link (http://www.companionlink.com/products/companionlink-bcm.html). :eek:k:eek:k Good luck!

Oct 15, 2009
TAM,

While that will get the contact into the iPhone it will not have all of the BCM fields, email history etc. which is why people use BCM to start with. I've been looking for a solution for quite some time and it has eluded me to date. Companion Link is not a good answer for me. Monthly fees and only wireless.

Dan

wtdrm

Jun 9, 2009
Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,

Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You, If I knew where you were, i would buy you the nicest dinner in town.

Sep 23, 2011
Outlook 2010 Business Contact Manager has a button to synchronize businesss contacts into regular contacts for sync with mobile devices. This worked for me although there some dupes on my iPhone now. In Outlook the businesss contacts are catorigized as "businesss" and have a different card.