Syncing Problems Please help!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tony3d

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
How many people are having sync problems? This thing is totally unreliable syncing a lot of files at one time. I constantly get timed out errors, and your iPhone is not connected errors which I think happens when it's trying to download podcasts when I start a sync. I'm really over it! I also noticed that it doesn't seem to realize that I already loaded some movies on the thing, and when I go to add music it says there is not enough room, yet there should be a gig left. I have also had this can't find the disc error. You would think by now Apple would have syncing down pat. My wife's iPhone has the same issues. VERY disappointing! I just found out I can't seem to free my memory of all the videos I had on it. I deselected 5 of them which put just one half our show on, yet the phone and iTunes stills says 5.5 gig are taken. This thing has major sync problems. I called my brother who also had one, and he said he had many of the same issues. They better fix this stuff, and fast or my two phones will be going back. It just stinks!

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I haven't any problem syncing to my PC. Perhaps the issues are related to your iTunes and computer rather then the phone itself?

tony3d

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I haven't any problem syncing to my PC. Perhaps the issues are related to your iTunes and computer rather then the phone itself?
That's a nice thought, but my wife is having the same issues on her Mac. I do 3d modeling and animation for a living on my dual 2.7 gig G5, and my drives are pristine! I am very disappointed in Apple at this point. I have called tech support 4 times with these issues, and they still have not resolved them, yet they keep saying that the phones are not at fault. Well lets see our iPods sync just fine. I think it's a np brainer. This thing needs a lot of work! My brother had the same kind of sync issues with his, and he finally returned the phone. I may be right behind him with my two iPhones. Apple better address these problems or there going to get a lot of them back I think.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
That's a nice thought, but my wife is having the same issues on her Mac. I do 3d modeling and animation for a living on my dual 2.7 gig G5, and my drives are pristine! I am very disappointed in Apple at this point. I have called tech support 4 times with these issues, and they still have not resolved them, yet they keep saying that the phones are not at fault. Well lets see our iPods sync just fine. I think it's a np brainer. This thing needs a lot of work! My brother had the same kind of sync issues with his, and he finally returned the phone. I may be right behind him with my two iPhones. Apple better address these problems or there going to get a lot of them back I think.
Very interesting...i've had absolutely zero problems syncing, as well.
I'm using a Windows PC.

veedubcos

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I would reset the phone...un-install iTunes and reinstall a fresh copy and go from there. It sounds like a software issue (iTunes) and im willing to bet that should fix you up.

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I would reset the phone...un-install iTunes and reinstall a fresh copy and go from there. It sounds like a software issue (iTunes) and im willing to bet that should fix you up.
I have to agree with this assessment.
I have had no problems syncing with my G5 PowerMac.
Please let us know how you make out with this.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Are you plugging the iPhone directly into the computer or into a peripheral?

Is anything else active on the USB bus other than keyboard/mouse?

Can you wiggle the cable on the phone/computer and cause the disconnect to occur?