Syncing Problems with Outlook Contacts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jegold

Aug 23, 2007
Why doesn't the iPhone use the 'File As' name in the Outlook Contacts? Many of my contacts have both an individual and company name and I usually set the 'File As' to the company name as it is easier for me to remember. When I use the iPhone I can't find that company by its name, I have to remember the name of the person I entered for that company. Also, I can't seem to find any way to search for the company name. Am I doing something wrong and/or is there a way to fix this situation.

jeepshots

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Why doesn't the iPhone use the 'File As' name in the Outlook Contacts? Many of my contacts have both an individual and company name and I usually set the 'File As' to the company name as it is easier for me to remember. When I use the iPhone I can't find that company by its name, I have to remember the name of the person I entered for that company. Also, I can't seem to find any way to search for the company name. Am I doing something wrong and/or is there a way to fix this situation.
You're not doing anything wrong - that's just the limitations of the iPhone. No search capabilities on contacts, and can't utilize anything but name for for a "File As" option.