Syncing scrambles IE Favorites...

Regnad

Jun 27, 2007
When I sync, it un-alphabetizes the Favorites list in Internet Explorer (Vista). Minor thing, but a nuisance.

Anyone else have this happen?

sticman

Aug 3, 2007
Me too

I have the same problem. Been digging around the internets for an hour or so and the best I can come up with is to save the Windows registry entry that tells IE the order of the bookarks, then restore it after Safari scrambles them. Here it is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites

Not very elegant, easy, or intuitive, but it will put your IE favorites back in the order you like.

Regnad

Jun 27, 2007
Hey, thanks a lot for the reply...

I am going to stick with the "right-click/sort" solution, I guess. I wonder if every IE user has this problem?

Regnad

Jun 27, 2007
sticman, do you have Safari installed on your PC?

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Yeah IE sucks just quit using it. I am baffdled by the amount of people who use IE 5 and 6 still. Such a tremendous security risk let alone the worst browsing experience ever. I mean I freak our when I can't open a new tab

Regnad

Jun 27, 2007
I'm "baffdled" that anyone has thanked you...

sticman

Aug 3, 2007
sticman, do you have Safari installed on your PC?
No Regnad, I am strictly an IE user. I have no idea how Safari on the PC organizes bookmarks, although I was pleasantly surprised that Safari on the iPhone keeps the same order I put them in.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Spelling errors happen when you are posting on the iPhone. Lighten up a little, you might find life a bit more enjoyable.

Regnad

Jun 27, 2007
I was actually commenting on your useless post.

Regnad

Jun 27, 2007
sticman, I also only use IE but I had installed Safari to check it out a while back when Apple provided it.

I have synced 3 times since un-installing Safari and the IE favorites are still in order. Will wait and see...

Actually, I'm quite pleased with Apple supporting Windows as they have with the iPhone and iTunes.