Syncing smart playlists problem

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by pomozki, Oct 31, 2012.

1. pomozki

pomozki Member
    Bronze

Hi, seen many people post this question, yet to see an answer.
    I've only recently worked out the beauty of smart playlists but 1 problem is that they don't appear on my iPhone (3GS - iOS 5.1.1) in the same order I've sorted them in iTunes.
    I've tried un-syncing the playlist off the phone, then re-syncing it - no good.
    Someone suggested right-click the playlist and "copy to play order" - didn't work either
    Someone suggested right-click the playlist, limit the songs and it allows you to sort them
    BUT it only allows sorting by certain fields - not the ones I want
    Right now, I'm having to create a normal playlist and copy my smart playlist to that - then it'll sync fine but that defeats the purpose doesn't it! A bit of a pain
    can anyone help with this? thanks

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I had the exact same problem. I tried the same things you did and I was never able to find the solution, so I gave up and deleted my smart playlist. It's incredibly annoying that they won't sync in the same order as they appear in iTunes.

3. pomozki

pomozki Member
    Bronze

wow and you're the moderator with 18,000 posts! I don't know whether to be happy that it wasn't a dumb question or disappointed I'm unlikely to get an answer :D

incidentally, I hesitate to advise a mod ... but I still think the smart playlists are valuable - they update themselves automatically and are only a problem when it comes to syncing. So we just have to copy them to a normal playlist and sort as we want - it's a pain but I don't think this totally negates having them!