Syncing two iPhones in same iTunes

claygreenberg

Bronze
Oct 3, 2008
My wife and I have both been syncing our iPhones on the same iTunes account. My question is whether all of the sync settings are kept independent for the two phones? Specifically, if my wife's is set to sync contacts from Yahoo, can mine be set to sync from Outlook without causing conflict?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
My wife and I have both been syncing our iPhones on the same iTunes account. My question is whether all of the sync settings are kept independent for the two phones? Specifically, if my wife's is set to sync contacts from Yahoo, can mine be set to sync from Outlook without causing conflict?
The answer to your question is yes. You can have a total of 5 iPhone's/iPods (or combination thereof) that iTunes "sees" differently. Make sure you use different names for each device when prompted by iTunes to name your device. Mark

BTW: Yes the sync'd information (I.e., Comtacts, Calendars) is stored separately.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
It should. I have different sync settings for my iPhone and iPod and have never had a problem.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
The answer to your question is yes. You can have a total of 5 iPhone's/iPods (or combination thereof) that iTunes "sees" differently. Make sure you use different names for each device when prompted by iTunes to name your device. Mark

BTW: Yes the sync'd information (I.e., Comtacts, Calendars) is stored separately.
Swagger,
I'm surprised this works well. So you're saying that under the same Mac OS X account, under iTunes, I could hook up two different iPhones, give them different names, and sync different things? It's not as if different Address Book, Safari bookmark and calendar entries are loaded under that one OS X account. Unless they are both syncing from the same set of information, but might decide to sync different parts of the same data store. Just wondering how this would work--only have one iPhone myself.