Syncing video podcast

vanslam

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I have been syncing video podcast on my iPhone since the 1st day now for some reason iTunes keeps loading up podcast that I have already viewed and deleted. Whats up anyone else have this problem?

nippyjun

Jul 21, 2007
I have been syncing video podcast on my iPhone since the 1st day now for some reason iTunes keeps loading up podcast that I have already viewed and deleted. Whats up anyone else have this problem?

I'm having the same issue with video podcasts. I watch it on my iPhone and delete it when finished. But when i sync the iPhone again the podcast loads back onto the iPhone.

I have to manually uncheck the box next to the podcast on iTunes so that it doesn't sync again or i have to open the podcast on iTunes and drag the slider all the way to the right showing that i viewed the entire thing.

Is there a setting that we are missing....

vanslam

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Not that I am aware of. I tried everything even reset it. Still no go.

vanslam

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Okay I checked a couple of other forums and this is a bug. It use to work prior to 7.4.1. This appears to be an issue with the play count, in the mean time you will find that if you choose "keep" after watching a video podcast, the next time you will notice that iTunes deletes it from the iPhone and does not re-sync it.

It's seems that somehow Apple has totally reversed the behavior that we were used to. I'm calling this a BUG on this one. I hope that Apple notices this thread (yeah right) and corrects the problem. :mad:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Okay I checked a couple of other forums and this is a bug. It use to work prior to 7.4.1. This appears to be an issue with the play count, in the mean time you will find that if you choose "keep" after watching a video podcast, the next time you will notice that iTunes deletes it from the iPhone and does not re-sync it.

It's seems that somehow Apple has totally reversed the behavior that we were used to. I'm calling this a BUG on this one. I hope that Apple notices this thread (yeah right) and corrects the problem. :mad:
Yep, that's exactly what's going on. It's hard to believe this bug got past testing--did no one at Apple test this?

Fortunately it doesn't happen with non-podcast videos (not that I watch the same videos repeatedly--but I don't want my iBeer and iMunchies vids deleted).

--
Mike

vanslam

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
No changes to the latest update, still an issue.