Syncing with another computer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 18, 2007
Ok so heres the deal, I bought an iPhone and didn't have Mac OS X 10.4 on my computer yet. I activated the phone on another computer and put all my contacts and dates in my iPhone manually which sucked. I'm going to buy a new computer with OS X 10.4 preinstalled on it and I was wondering if syncing the new computer and iPhone would delete my dates and contacts as they aren't saved on the new computer? This might be a dumb question, but it took me roughly 3 hours inputing everything and it kinda scares me that they will get deleted lol. Thanks much

vanslam

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I sycn my contacts and calendar to 2 computers on a daily basis. One dell for work and one mac at home. It works fine for me.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
It will work just fine. I do it on my MBP at home and my PC at work all the time. What will happen is when you sync it it will tell you that syncing with the iPhone will change over a certain number of contacts and calendar events on your computer. Just tell if yes. If you are really concerned, there is a check box to sync the iPhone calendar and contacts to the computer only and not from the computer to the iPhone for a single time only. It's an option in iTunes on the front page of the iPhone.