Syncing with MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Parry, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Parry

Parry New Member

Hi,

I have an iPhone 4S & MacBook Pro 13' (OSX 10.8). My contacts & calendars were on my iPhone & I synced them to MBP using iTunes. Also, have my contacts synced to iCloud from my iPhone.

1) Now, in my MBP Contacts I have all 356 contacts in iCloud - All iCloud but On My Mac - All on my Mac its just showing up 134 out of 356 contacts. How can I have all my 356 contacts under All on my Mac?

2) In Calendar on MBP, under Preferences> Alerts; the defaults time is set for All Day Events & Birthday to 9AM for;
    On day of Event (9AM)
    1 day before (9AM)
    2 days before (9AM)
    How can we edit this to any other time as per choice?

Pls assist.

2. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

As far as the syncing issue, I would advise turning off the contact syncing(keep on the mac if offered an option) then turn it back on and choose to "merge".

Regarding the calendar issue, if you could post a screen shot(shift+command+3 for entire screen or shift+command+4 to draw a box around what portion of the screen you want - image is saved to your desktop). This will allow me to see exactly what you are referencing(I apologize, just easier to see it than read, you know?).

3. Parry

Parry New Member

Thanks Girdler for your reply.

In my iTunes, Sync Contacts is already turned off.

Here's the screenshot; Screen Shot 2012-08-05 at 12.29.06 PM.png

4. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

What options do you have under the drop down menu for "1 day before(9 am)" because it appears that you should just be able to change that and set whatever preference you want.

5. Parry

Parry New Member

Here are the options in the drop down menu from All Day Events: Screen Shot 2012-08-05.png

6. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

Doesn't look like there's an option. However, since they're 'all day' events you could change your time zone.