Syncing with two Macs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 8, 2007
Hi,

I am going to buy an iPhone, but I have some questions:

1. I have a 24" iMac, and an older iMac. I use the new iMac for everything but my music, which i keep on a separate hard drive currently attached to my older iMac (which i use only for iTunes and my iPod) since my newer iMac is at my office, and the older one at home. Question: Can i sync my iPhone on the older iMac for my music, and the newer iMac for everything else like calendar, phone book, etc.

2. Have you had any experience with the Entourage suite? Does it sync well?

thanks in advance,

jack

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
1. Apparently, YES

2. I have no idea
Hi,

I am going to buy an iPhone, but I have some questions:

1. I have a 24" iMac, and an older iMac. I use the new iMac for everything but my music, which i keep on a separate hard drive currently attached to my older iMac (which i use only for iTunes and my iPod) since my newer iMac is at my office, and the older one at home. Question: Can i sync my iPhone on the older iMac for my music, and the newer iMac for everything else like calendar, phone book, etc.

2. Have you had any experience with the Entourage suite? Does it sync well?

thanks in advance,

jack

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I have not had any problems syncing to Entourage. I sync my calendar and contact list. I don't sync the emails since I use .MAC email which is IMAP and keeps everything synced already.

Sele

Jul 8, 2007
1. Yes it will work exactly that way, keep one for music and movies and photos and the other for your contacts and calendar.

2. Never used that program, sorry.
Just to keep the record straight, I purchased my iPhone, got it home and set it up on my iMac, and then tried to sync with the second iMac that i used principally for music, etc. I was told by the second iMac that you can only connnect the iPhone to ONE computer. I was asked if i wanted to erase the information from the initial installation.

Just thought you should know that sycning with two machines doesn't work as you said.