Syncing Yahoo contacts to iPhone 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by azfalcon, Oct 3, 2014.

1. azfalcon

azfalcon Member
    Bronze

Was able to cancel my 64 plus and grab a 128 gig in the same color...space gray.

Couple questions. On previous iPhones my yahoo contacts would sync immediately but now it's been almost an hour and nothing. Do I need wifi or computer hook up?

How do I get rid of stocks from notifications bar.
    Thanks

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I never sync my contacts. I add them in manually. So I don't know about that. On the stocks, do you mean the pull down Notification Center? If so, set it on "Today" at the top, then scroll down to "edit". To remove from the summary, tap the red - to the left of the widget you want removed.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Make sure Yahoo contacts are toggled on and contacts are toggled off on every other email account that is on the phone. They instantaneously pop up as soon as you log into iCloud (you can set it up from scratch - applying a backup is not required) and I'm pretty sure they should be that fast with Yahoo as well.

4. azfalcon

azfalcon Member
    Bronze

They were I ended up doing a caddev card and it worked great

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

If you want a simple way to sync them from now, I recommend syncing them through iCloud. It works great. I've been using it since 2009 back when it was still called MobileMe. A lot of people seem to think you have to use your backups to sync them and this is a misconception. They push over the air and no backup is required.

6. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

I use Google for my contacts. Works great for me since I'm an Android user as well so all my contacts are synced across all my devices. They popped up right away on my iPhone when I put in my info.

7. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

It is possible to sync your contacts to both iCloud and Google or Yahoo at the same time isn't it?

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's best to only use one. I know it seems like there would be no conflicts, but they can compete and get screwed up if you try to sync iCloud and Hotmail contacts to the phone at the same time, so I wouldn't recommend using two services simultaneously to back them up.

9. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I agree. I was thinking about it after I asked the question. Seems like each application may have different fields or different field definitions. (e.g., I doubt Google, Yahoo or Hotmail have a field for telephone numbers labeled iPhone!)

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Are the "Linked Contacts" at the bottom a contact's info card 2 different contact cards for the same contact. It appears that way. If I tap one, it takes me to another info card.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412566324.955127.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes. You're using two services to back them up. That's not necessary. You said you aren't syncing either one to the phone and you put them in manually every year. That's also not necessary. I'm curious why you do that. I set my new phones up from scratch every year yet I've never had to reinput my contacts. They have synced since the first time I put them in way back in 2008.