Syncing Yahoo contacts to iPhone question?

Jul 14, 2008
If I sync my Yahoo contacts to my iPhone via iTunes, will contact "lists" or "groups" also be tranferred onto the iPhone?

It's not that I need all my Yahoo contacts, but more so that I need my Yahoo email lists or groups (or something else that will do the same) so I can email to several different lists (like my kids's soccer teams) in one shot.

Any help would be appreciated.

L.I. Bruce Fan

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Any other way to accomplish putting email lists onto iPhone?

If I sync my Yahoo contacts to my iPhone via iTunes, will contact "lists" or "groups" also be tranferred onto the iPhone?

It's not that I need all my Yahoo contacts, but more so that I need my Yahoo email lists or groups (or something else that will do the same) so I can email to several different lists (like my kids's soccer teams) in one shot.

Any help would be appreciated.
Can anyone suggest any other way (other than creating group lists in Outlook, since Outlook is on my work computer and these lists are for personal use).?

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Sorry Bruce cant help you out but here's a bump just for good measure.

Luck

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
You should be able to sync contacts with email addresses after they get synced. So I believe if it's a contact with an email address it'll get synced. Just give it a shot and see if itlll work.

L.I. Bruce Fan

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
You should be able to sync contacts with email addresses after they get synced. So I believe if it's a contact with an email address it'll get synced. Just give it a shot and see if itlll work.
As I understand it, I can only choose to sync my iPhone with Microsoft Exchange or Yahoo (via iTunes) but not both at the same time.

I have the Yahoo One Connect app, which brought over all of my yahoo email addresses, but just not the mail lists that I setup in my Yahoo address book.