syPhone - All-In-One App

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Check out this new app called syPhone.

It's a to-do list, speed call, RSS reader, calendar, weather, clock, and whatever else all-in-one.

At first, I look at this and I think to myself - this would be cool if you didn't have to always load it like an app. Or you could just have it up most of the time and lock your screen but I'm wondering how much of a battery drain that would be.

Does anybody have a use for an app like this? I'm curious.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sounds like an "iPhone app". Interesting concept, but I doubt the jack of all trades would be very enjoyable to use compared to specialized software for each task.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Looks brilliant, however, i share your concern about battery life if the app is left open. I think ill buy it and give it a whirl....

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Looks brilliant, however, i share your concern about battery life if the app is left open. I think ill buy it and give it a whirl....
The thing that really caught my attention was the GUI. My main concern is actual usefulness. One could argue, however, that any of these functions needs an app to be opened up anyway.

Thanks for being the guinea pig! Let us know how it is. $2.99 isn't that much for an app like this. I'm guessing the calendar can't be synced up though. That would be a nice update.

psylichon - Yeah, I generally hate all-in-one apps as they are usually not too useful for any one thing. I think, again, the look of the app has captured me. You'd think that anyone who put that much time into the LOOK, would make it nice to use.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I read in the reviews that you apparently can't change Celsius to Fahrenheit yet, so I think I'll wait for an update before trying it out.