System and Security Info Can Detect Malware and Jailbreak Evidence on Your iPhone and iPad

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
This new 0.99 app, involving Stefan Esser (i0n1c (you veteran jailbreakers will know who this is)), "shows detailed information about your device and running apps from a security standpoint. It can do a lot of things, including monitor memory and disk usage, show running processes, and it even detects malware and other anomalies."

The app can also tell if your iPhone or iPad has been jailbroken. though it detected no signs of a previous jailbreak on my now-stock 6s Plus on iOS 9.3.1.
Is this why a lot of apps won't work with a modified (jailbroken) iOS? I've gotten an error message once and others just crash. But when I run the app in safe mode, they work.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Apple pulled this app. They don't want users to have much information. Just like the Battery Health app.
They want to sell you a product, but don't actually want you to "own" it. Every time you click or tap to agree to terms and conditions you acknowledge that the device is not really yours, at least not if you use their software. Information is power and power is not to be trusted by folks who don't know what is best for them. :D

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I found another battery app that shows cycle count and battery health %. It's been in the App Store a month or two. So, I'm not sure why the other one was pulled.
Battery Life: check internal battery statistics by Robert Tkotzyk
https://appsto.re/us/zeBBab.i
The app I posted about wasn't just a battery checker. It could also root through the file system and detect signs of jailbreaking.