System Restore and iTunes?

LDT

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Was not sure where to ask this but here goes. My main PC that has iTunes in it is in need of a complete system restore. I have already done this to my other computer and of course lost everything. If I reinstall iTunes when done, will everything vanish from the iPhone when I plug it in?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well if you backup all of your videos, music and such on an external hard drive and then add them back into your iTunes after the restore, the information on your phone should be fine. It will likely say that it has to resync everything but as long as you copy everything over and add everything into iTunes again, you shouldn't have to worry about losing any information.

LDT

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Well if you backup all of your videos, music and such on an external hard drive and then add them back into your iTunes after the restore, the information on your phone should be fine. It will likely say that it has to resync everything but as long as you copy everything over and add everything into iTunes again, you shouldn't have to worry about losing any information.
I had thought of that but did not know for sure if it would work. I'll give it a try and report back with the results. (providing I remember!)