T-mobile & $5.99 with iPhone...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rinkssss

Dec 10, 2007
hiee guys,

i have 1.1.1 - ungraded to 1.1.2 + jailbroken + unlocked....

just wanted to know, if we need to change some setting to access internet with the $5.99 plan in t-mobile or iPhone detect the settings automatically.
Please let me know...

Thanks....

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
A quick search will lead u to the holy Grail my friend! We tounched on this yesterday. The answer's a few posts down in the modifications forum

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
hiee guys,

i have 1.1.1 - ungraded to 1.1.2 + jailbroken + unlocked....

just wanted to know, if we need to change some setting to access internet with the $5.99 plan in t-mobile or iPhone detect the settings automatically.
Please let me know...

Thanks....
Go here and follow directions, and then look through All Packages until you fine the T-Mobile T-Zones hack (not sure exactly what they call it).

Last edited by a moderator:

Rinkssss

Dec 10, 2007
This is the way to make t-zone work for t-mobile...
has anyone tried this? can someone temme how to upload the file when he says... got to /private/var/root ? and upload this file...

way how to work on t mobile edge settings you don't have to touch any edge or apn settings well my Internet is working t mobile zone connection 5.99 for t mobile users

1. explore your mobile and under

/private/var/root

you need a to copy a file called "proxy.pac"

create a file by opening a notepad and cut and copy this code

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
{
if (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0"))
return "PROXY 216.155.165.50:8080";
else
return "DIRECT";
}

and name it as proxy.pac

PLEASE DO NOT TO SAVE THE FILE AS proxy.pac.txt but proxy.pac

and upload it at this

/private/var/root

(if by exploring your phone you don't see the change in file name ,download mobile finder on your mobile through ibrickr and rename it on your iPhone itself....)

After Copying download the file below

http://rapidshare.com/files/55487664...ces.plist.html

and go to

/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

JUST OVERWRITE THE FILE WITH NEW ONE YOU DOWNLOADED FROM RAPIDSHARE

don't NEED TO TOUCH EDGE SETTINGS OR APN SETTINGS AND THEN REBoOT YOUR PHONE

HERE YOU GO CONGRATS!

MINE IS WORKING WITH T MOBILE 5.99 t-zones plan and its pretty good speed

CHECK YOUR SPEED BY OPENING THIS WEBSITE ON YOUR iPhone

http://iPhonenetworktest.com/iPhone_network_test

mine is 143.61 kbps wats yours/////////?

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Rinks, you can also install the hack easily via the installer. Add this source

ride4.org/shai.xml

and it should pop up...otherwise make sure you add all sources in the source option and look for the t mobile 5.99 internet hack application. Download that, reboot and you'll be all set.

Rinkssss

Dec 10, 2007
Thanks tiguy99!

i just installed the youtube fix from the source "Limited Edition iPhone" and restarted the phone....the phone didn't show any network for atleast 5 mins...
my heart was in my mouth...but thankfully i got it back again...but the prob is youtube is still not working...
its showing me msg as "youtube not available"
do u have any clue...wot shud i do....

safari, installer and mailbox seem to work fine...with spped of 100 plus/minus... but not youtube...
lemme know if u have any comments...
shud i unistall that app from "Limited Edition iPhone"

Rinks...

maf2003

Sep 24, 2007
yeah thats normal for youtube not to work with t-zone. you can use wifi and bookmark videos and later play them using edge but thats about it. you cant search youtube with t-zone. pretty much if youtube already shows videos(the ones u already search while on wifi) then you can play them. but searching new ones, nope.

Rinkssss

Dec 10, 2007
i guess it works for tiguy99 and also wildonrio...
these guys are on tmo and 5.99 and according to them...it works fine...search too...isn't it guys?

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Actually Rinks, youtube comes in but I can't search. I can watch videos on the featured list and the current videos but I can't search unless I hop on wifi. Last week when I had the 19.99 total internet I was able to search but I guess youtube uses one of those blocked ports the 5.99 can't get through.

If we can change the ports from 80 to 110 I believe we should be able to gain access to the search feature. Either way, I don't care too much about it since I'm saving like 15 bucks a month on internet now!

Rinkssss

Dec 10, 2007
Thanks tiguy99!

i got what u r saying now...but correct me if i'm wrong...the port that is currently in use is 8080 right.... i'm not sure how we can change it to 110.

I would like to listen from wildonrio about the last word for youtube and its search feature ;-) because i still think i'm missing something, as the error i get when i try to click youtube is "youtube not available"
newayss....thanks a lot guys... appreciate your help :cool:

Rinks...

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Rinks I still think its
ride4.org/shai.xml

one. Try that to see if you find the file in installer. If it doesn't list it, go to sources on the installer list (not the button on the bottom) and select download all sources and try again. When you find it you'll notice the 5.99 program basically does the process for you instead of you having to place those files in the phone system via ibricker or some file management program....

basically the both do the same thing. We still don't have the youtube search working but in the end its up to you to decide whether or not its worth the extra 14.00 or not. For me I said no because 99% of places I wind up wifi works just fine which = better quality videos vs EDGE connection. So when I do need it, the cached videos stored in the youtube program or any of the ones from the list work just fine!

Hey welcome over G35. I knew that house looked familiar! How do you like your iPhone so far? I'm really close to getting my coupe by the way! I can't wait