T-Mobile iPhone 5 $99

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Seriously, interesting new model. Have not seen the pricing structure yet for the monthly phone surcharge, but seems like a good solution for a lot of folks. Have not been following the tech on TMob's "4G/LTE" signal either....

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Seriously, interesting new model. Have not seen the pricing structure yet for the monthly phone surcharge, but seems like a good solution for a lot of folks. Have not been following the tech on TMob's "4G/LTE" signal either....
Limited rollout - 7 cities. Upfront cost is lower ($99), but you pay $20 per month for 24 months. Plans start at $50, but most will find themselves in $70 unlimited plan. $90 a month for an unlimited plan with iPhone 5 is how I see it. Free tethering up to 500MB, which is nice, but would be nicer if it were more.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
is there a coverage map for LTE ?
I wonder if I should switch ?
We are in the Baltimore/DC area
I would have to try it first anyway since it does not look like I get voice with T-mobile where I live.
T-mobile just deployed LTE in the Baltimore area

Sent using iCafe app

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
T-mobile just deployed LTE in the Baltimore area

Sent using iCafe app
I know, but does it reach to where I live?
I got LTE from AT&T and Sprint at my house
According to the maps. AT&T is the only one with voice at my house.
I have not had a land line in years. I use my iPhone to call home (Germany)
I could try it with a sim I have an unlocked phone. I guess I just have to take some time to go to the store.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
My neighbor is a manager for T-Mobile and was telling me that T-Mobile was going to come out with the iPhone 5 and was going to drastically lower the price so they could regain all the market share they lost in 2011. According to the articles I read T-Mobile has lost 700,000 customers due to the iPhone.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I'm assuming there'd be no surcharge if you already had an AT&T phone and used one of their SIMs?
I don't think AT&T iPhone 5s are set up to work with T-Mobile LTE frequencies (unlocked or not), so it would work, just not with LTE. Europa would know more about this.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
T-Mobile is getting the iPhone 5 on April 12th. $99 up front, no contract, but a monthly charge.

Thoughts.
Even though there is no contact you can leave but you'll be still obligated to continue payment on the phone. Which in a way would act as an early termination fee if you decide to leave. I just wanted to clarify the terms as I understand them.

Sent using iCafe app

B

Bharding08

Only problem is t mobiles service is awful. Where I live they still don't have 3G. I would be on edge when AT&T and Verizon have good 4g coverage in the same location

Sent using iCafe app