T-Mobile not working....help please.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
Hello, I have a quick question hopefully somebody can answer. Once the iPhone is unlocked (1.1.1), how can it begin to work with T-MOBILE? What else needs to be done other than inserting the SIM card?

Thanks

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
If the phone is unlocked - then it will work with any sim. If it doesn't , then there's something gone wrong somewhere.

Yes the phone is unlocked. The phone was virginized from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 then unlocked. Put the t-mobile sim card in and it doesn't work. Does something have to be changed in the settings?

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Depends on OS

It really depends on the OS you are using. Goggle both jailbreaking and activating iPhones. First your phone must be jailbroken (just use the method which works for your OS and skill level). Then the easiest method involves copying a modified lockdownd file to your phone (file and how to do this can be found in older posts and on multiple webpages) via which ever method you use to copy files to the system area of your iPhone (SSH, SFTP etc., some GUI's are available for these). Failing that several programs will also do this for you (iNdependancy for example). As I'm on Mac most of the stuff I use is Mac or UNIX based (command line stuff does not frighten me)

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
It really depends on the OS you are using. Goggle both jailbreaking and activating iPhones. First your phone must be jailbroken (just use the method which works for your OS and skill level). Then the easiest method involves copying a modified lockdownd file to your phone (file and how to do this can be found in older posts and on multiple webpages) via which ever method you use to copy files to the system area of your iPhone (SSH, SFTP etc., some GUI's are available for these). Failing that several programs will also do this for you (iNdependancy for example). As I'm on Mac most of the stuff I use is Mac or UNIX based (command line stuff does not frighten me)

The phone is already jailbroken and unlocked. I use a PC with WinXP. So I would use WinSCP correct? Where do I find the anySIM 1.1 to download to my PC so that I can use it with WinXP? I've searched hard and can't find it.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
AnySIM is no use if you are unlocked

If your already unlock why do you need this? What you need is the post unlock procedure and file to activate your phone - unless you are in a 'non-functioning mode' - that is a different issue.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
If your already unlock why do you need this? What you need is the post unlock procedure and file to activate your phone - unless you are in a 'non-functioning mode' - that is a different issue.
Yeah, the phone is unlocked. I did the whole nine. The phone was bricked. Unbricked it, did the entire 1.1.2 downgrade to 1.1.1. So now that it's unlocked with the anySIM 1.1, I thought that any SIM should work. Do you know the link to doing the post unlock procedure and the file that I need to activate it?

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
If your phone was a brand new out the box 1.1.2 it cant be unlocked yet.. The developers are saying that when 1.1.3 drops that 1.1.2 will be able to be unlocked soon after.. If yours was just 1.1.2 the downgraded and all that good stuff thats a no go it wont ever be able to be unlocked just jailbroken at the moment

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
If your phone was a brand new out the box 1.1.2 it cant be unlocked yet.. The developers are saying that when 1.1.3 drops that 1.1.2 will be able to be unlocked soon after.. If yours was just 1.1.2 the downgraded and all that good stuff thats a no go it wont ever be able to be unlocked just jailbroken at the moment

It was a 1.0.2, upgraded to 1.1.2, it locked itself and then I had to go through the entire jailbreakme process/virginizing process.