T-Mobile Sidekick

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

samcarroll

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
NorCal
my brother had a Sidekick 3. While its a nice phone it has some features that i don't agree with. Like the flip to open screen. I can see and have seen that go bad on several. The phone is heaver and large. Feels like im holding a Nextel phone. While texting is easy and the interface is nice, my brother just recently accidentally had a car door close on his hand and the sidekick was in the hand it closed on. Completely shatterd the LCD. He tried to get it fixed with the insurance but we all know how worth a sh!t those are...

Nice phone but too big for my pockets.

Hakeem5

Sep 26, 2007
oh yeah the Sidekicks are GREAT devices, more for the simple use as opposed to these devices that are OS x and windows mobile where you can customize more things. I have a Sk3 though and I have no complaints, push email works for 4 of my email accounts, aol, msn AND yahoo messenger always logged in at once, i have great internet, and the call quality is great, the camera sucks though!

Hakeem5

Sep 26, 2007
WOWWW lol i never compared the sidekick to the iPhone, i said it was a more SIMPLE device with well designed and straight forward features. No comparison there. But if you ask me.... I have the Helio Ocean to and....it kinda tops my iPhone LMAO. its just missing the revolutionary touch screen to make it STAND OUT. but you didn't hear that from me ;)

Sep 17, 2007
WOWWW lol i never compared the sidekick to the iPhone, i said it was a more SIMPLE device with well designed and straight forward features. No comparison there. But if you ask me.... I have the Helio Ocean to and....it kinda tops my iPhone LMAO. its just missing the revolutionary touch screen to make it STAND OUT. but you didn't hear that from me ;)
How dare you compare the Helio Ocean to my iPhone. How dare you...

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
There is no comparing the screen resolution/clarity/brightness of the iPhone to that of the Sidekick. I had one for a brief, and I mean brief, period of time. It felt like a brick in my pocket and every time I used it I felt like a 13 year old.