T-Pain App ?

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I read some reviews on the t pain app and have been pondering buying it. Anyone checked this app out yet ? Its #1 on the top 25 paid apps.

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
i downloaded it, really fun to watch people make fools of themselves trying to sing! lol

TyFresh

Sep 7, 2009
It is actually quite a good app. I use it when I am bored! It is actually funny when people do not have that voice to do it. You need more of a deep but not-so-deep voice to get the best results. Not a squeeky voice.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I don't know if it really auto-tunes though. My friend is like tone deaf or something because he always sings in the wrong key, so I told him to download this. He tried it out and of course sang it in the wrong key. When he played it back it was identical to how he sang it, just with the t-pain sound. So my guess is its just effects and not auto-tune.

TyFresh

Sep 7, 2009
Idk. I used it, and I can sing fairly good. But there is a switch that turns the auto-tune off or on. Check if you're friend has that on.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
bought this app and it is AMAZING, especially fun hooking it up to the car stereo and talking to people at signal lights.

Jun 30, 2009
I have already checked it. very funny app. I use it when get bored. The Auto-tune software changes my sound such a way that I can not even recognize my voice. so interesting app.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
This app is hilarious. I can't tell you how often I get asked to apply this effect at the studio, and I hate it. But this app really is a lot of fun, so I had to try it. I'm amazed it actually has Antares AutoTune in it... almost seems easier to do the effect with this app than with the $500 plugin at work :eek:k:eek:k

@nico

Sep 3, 2009
Rome
I'm still trying it.. it seems cool, unfortunately I'm not expert about sound editing, auto-tuning, etc. =) but I've applied a couple of effects to my voice and it sounds pretty good. Maybe that's my way LOL

There's a good review about it, I'll let here, maybe some of you is interested in reading it... I Am T-Pain

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
I can't get it to change (auto-tune) my voice...

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
I can't get it to change (auto-tune) my voice...
you have to sing it and then save it, then when you listen to the playback you will hear the effects. Or you can hear effects as your singing if you plug iPhone into external speakers.

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
you have to sing it and then save it, then when you listen to the playback you will hear the effects. Or you can hear effects as your singing if you plug iPhone into external speakers.
Yes, I've done that...maybe the steps I'm taking is incorrect.

1. TUN3 > T-Pain, C, Major, 1
2. BE4TS > Bartender (Instrumental)
3. than I sing...save work..

on play back my voice sounds normal...not auto-tuned

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
Yes, I've done that...maybe the steps I'm taking is incorrect.

1. TUN3 > T-Pain, C, Major, 1
2. BE4TS > Bartender (Instrumental)
3. than I sing...save work..

on play back my voice sounds normal...not auto-tuned
if you don't SING loud enough it wont really have an effect. you should really sing loudly maybe shut the door in the room your in and give it a loud shout and you'll find out if its a problem with your phone or not.

wd_stroke

Bronze
Apr 12, 2008
Ok...I'll give it a try. Thanks

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Ok this has nothing to do with the app but I found out that garage band has autotune. lol
I knew it had like a simple autotune but you can crank it up all the way and it totally sounds like Tpain. Just an FYI.

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Ok this has nothing to do with the app but I found out that garage band has autotune. lol
I knew it had like a simple autotune but you can crank it up all the way and it totally sounds like Tpain. Just an FYI.
Is Garage Band an app? I can't find it. If it is, is it free? I'm too broke to drop $2.99 on the T-Pain app, LoL.