[table] and related BBCodes for everythingicafe.com

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Hey, @chris — this morning I wanted to post something which would have looked nicely formatted as a table.

I tried using the relevant BBCodes for tables, but apparently they are not recognized here on eiC?

Is there a chance these could be enabled in the future?

I ended up creating a table in Excel and taking a screenshot of it and including that screenshot in my post.

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 10.32.33 AM.png

However, if eiC enabled the following table-related BBCodes...

Code:
[table]
[tr]
    [td][ATTACH=full]35803[/ATTACH][/td]
    [td]The 1 Weirdest Thing You Never Knew About Your Home State[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
I believe it would ultimately have resulted in a "cleaner" post (i.e. easier on the eyes), than having to include a Germanic-length URL below the screenshot I used.

I always believe that including an image in a post is more likely to get the attention of the reader. This is why I wanted to include both the map of the USA and the title of the article in my post, as opposed to simply creating a text-only post ("The 1 Weirdest Thing You Never...") and hyper-linking that text to the article.

Although enabling these BBCodes must be weighed against how often members would use them, considering the following table (which I "borrowed" from Wikipedia as a screenshot. As you can see, individual cells within the table can be hyperlinked to corresponding articles on, for example, Wikipedia.

Screen Shot 2014-03-13 at 10.51.21 AM.png

(click to enlarge and make readable)

As you can see, individual cells within the table can be hyperlinked to corresponding articles on, for example, Wikipedia.

Such posts containing tables are great candidates for "sticky first posts" at the top of any given thread, because the table in the post could easily be updated with new entries (in this case, for iOS versions) as they beome available. Adding more rows to the table with be super quick.... the poster of the table would simply add an additional [tr][/tr] code to add a new row!

Please consider enabling these standard BBCodes to eiC.

-Rafagon

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
So you want me to add Excel as a feature in the forums.:LOL:

I'll look into the table stuff, see what I can find. It's the first time I've seen a request for this..