TaiG Jailbreak for iOS 8.1.2 Has Been Released.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
If only it was available for Mac. I uninstalled windows parallels and it takes 1-2 hours to reinstall, and it's way too laggy to use anyways.
I think the TaiG team generally uses Windows machines, which would explain the wait on a Mac version.

I did an iOS update, ran the new jailbreak, and installed my jailbreak tweaks. No restoring from backup. Only took a few minutes and I'm good to go.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
What new features has added onto new TaiG Jailbreak for iOS 8.1.2?
afc2add (TaiG AFC2) now shows up on the installed list and therefore is easier to remove if you don't want full access to the file system via USB to be enabled. It's a security risk since it isn't password-protected so some people prefer to uninstall it and use OpenSSH instead (after changing the default root password).

Aside from that, they don't typically add features to new jailbreaks. It's really just a matter of making them available to us. The features and bug fixes are in the iOS updates. We just need the jailbreaks to be updated to work with them, or new jailbreaks altogher if the exploits are closed, so we can install the iOS updates and keep up to date.

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
I noticed yesterday that Shrink was updated for IOS8. I downloaded it but after, I realized that Springtomize does everything that shrink can do. One thing I did was change the color of my text under my icons with Shrink. It was after I did this that I noticed a customize text setting in Springtomize. I tried changing it there but Shrink superseded the Springtomize setting. Now if only Springtomize had the scrolling dock like Infinidock, it would be "almost" the only tweak I need on my phone.
IMG_1247.PNG

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Does anyone use a five icon dock? I don't like that the first and last app label goes off the screen.
No. But why don't you just disable the labels? That's one of the first things I do when I jailbreak. You know what apps are in your dock and won't forget what they are.

You can disable the dock labels while keeping the home screen labels.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
No. But why don't you just disable the labels? That's one of the first things I do when I jailbreak. You know what apps are in your dock and won't forget what they are.

You can disable the dock labels while keeping the home screen labels.
I don't know what you think, but it just looks odd to me.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1418590015.731576.jpg