Taiwanese dude first to get iPhone 6, has pictures to prove it

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Developing Story: "It's still not clear how Taiwanese star Jimmy Lin got hold of the handset he claims is the iPhone 6, but according to reported Apple sources it's the real deal.... That's not all the employees had to say though, as the same sources apparently revealed that Apple will be sticking a QHD display in the iPhone 6 - it's unlikely this would be on the smaller version as a 4.7-inch screen with a 2560 x 1600 resolution is a very hard thing to make."

That's far from a definitive statement, but chances are it was still a fake... but it's food for thought:

Read the article full article here:
iPhone 6 images are 'real' and it'll have a QHD display

If this 2560 x 1600 resolution turns out to be real, it will be an amazing display indeed. This is better than what my 27" iMac offers (2560 x 1440). 2560 x 1600 @ 5.5" diagonal would yield an awe-inspiring 548.89 ppi (pixels per inch).

However, the article does go on to mention that:

"It would be a surprise if Apple did take the leap from Retina to QHD, as a more gradual step up to 1080p would suit the firm's history of iterative updates better." So don't hold your breath, IMHO.

Time will tell, but, as was stated previously, this individual is a known fake. I'm not trying to give him more attention, but I am just posting this because it may (0.01% chance) have a chance at materializing.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
"Reported Apple sources." Right. :rolleyes:

It's been proven that he has repeatedly lied about this type of thing yet you seriously aren't convinced it's fake?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
"Reported Apple sources." Right. :rolleyes:

It's been proven that he has repeated lied about this type of thing yet you seriously aren't convinced it's fake?
Honestly, if there's a 0.01% chance it may be real, it's worthy as labelling as food for thought, as I stated.

If it's real, great! If it's fake, we've got nothing to lose, because we're still gonna get a very, very nice iPhone 6. The screen resolution will increase, maybe not to QHS (2560 x 1600), but at the very least it will get bumped up to 1920 x 1080p, which is still very impressive.

Maybe the guy has a connection inside Apple.

Again, I admit the chances that this is legitimate are slim at best, but it's worth keeping an eye on.

Now, if Jimmy Lin winds up dead in a few days, that'll mean he may have been on to something, without Apple's blessing .... :)

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Everything I've read indicates a screen resolution size of 1704 x 960 for both the 4.7" and 5.5" iPhone 6 models. The 1920 x 1080p may be for photos. ? The misinformation and rumors just keep flying. Ain't it fun though?