Take a Jailbroken iPhone to the Apple Store?

vb5mark

Jan 1, 2009
i wouldn't recommend it..

why do you want to take your phone there?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i'm sure they will look at it and be interested, but help? not a chance. just restore it and take it in

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Well when I plug in my headphones the iPod will automatically open and start playing my music. Also, it will randomly pause and play my music LITERALLY whenever it wants.

I'm in an Apple Store now and they can't do anything which kind of blows, but what I think I'm gonna do it just restore it back to factory crap and start from there. If it still does it I'll just take it to the AT&T store I bought it from and get a new one.

If I restore my iPhone on the same computer I've been using it with all the time, I should be able to restore my contacts and emails and junk right?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Well when I plug in my headphones the iPod will automatically open and start playing my music. Also, it will randomly pause and play my music LITERALLY whenever it wants.

I'm in an Apple Store now and they can't do anything which kind of blows, but what I think I'm gonna do it just restore it back to factory crap and start from there. If it still does it I'll just take it to the AT&T store I bought it from and get a new one.

If I restore my iPhone on the same computer I've been using it with all the time, I should be able to restore my contacts and emails and junk right?
The headphone issue is an annoyance native to every iPhone. When I pull the 3.5mm connector out, the iPod mode more often than not starts and on the same annoying song.

The AT&T store is worthless for doing anything other than buying a new phone. They will refer you to the Apple Store.

The random pause and play does not sound like a jailbreak issue. I'd restore it again to the jailbroken custom firmware you made to see if that fixes. I'd also restore it to stock firmware and see if the problem persists.

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
I didn't make a custom firmware. I just let QuickPWN do all the work.

I'll try playing around with my headphone thing to see if I could get it to work right. If it fails, a restore is coming.

I just want to stay far away from restoring as possible, because I have to put everything the way I want and I have to redownload all my apps again.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Try goinf in your ipod app and hold "home" buttom for 7 seconds, then try it.

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
That just force quits it, which has never helped. This has happened since day one, and since day one my phone has been jailbroken. I'll just restore it and see what happens.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Then its permanent and you need to exchane it.

Devori

Jun 15, 2007
Long island NY
This can be changed in your ipod settings.. "play where last stopped" or something like that..

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sounds like you have a faulty switch in your headphone jack. This switch lets the phone know when headphones are plugged in, and will start and stop playback just like you described.

Unfortunately, this will require an exchange to fix, so you're going to have to go stock.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
The QuickPwn is a custom firmware! When you rip off the stock firmware and put on something "else" - a jailbroken firmware, then sometimes it's not function 100%. I have read about iPhone users jailbreaking their iPhones 2-3 before they hit "the right set-up"...sounds crazy yeah, but maybe you should give it a try and restore/re-jailbreak!

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009

Don't take it to an AT&T store, they will just redirect you to an Apple Store. Just a word of caution.