take my iPhone back?

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
I get 4 to 4.5 hours of battery life. Mostly Internet use, with a few minutes of video and actual phone use. Also, My battery icon doesn't glow. Should I take it back and get a new iPhone? I don't know what to do. What do you guys think? I guess it would be cool to get a brand new shiny iPhone again...

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Yes, I would. You paid 500-600+ for the phone. If you are not 100% completely satisfied with its performance, take it back and ask them to fix it or replace it.

Granted it has its issues, but battery performance is a big deal with a phone.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
If I recall someone got 4 hours or so of STANDBY time, and Apple support said that was normal. Of course, THAT is extreme and incorrect, but that goes to show how much Battery varies with this phone. It's up to you, but you run the risk of getting an iPhone with other issues, which will cause you to debate if what you have right now is really an "issue".

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
If I recall someone got 4 hours or so of STANDBY time, and Apple support said that was normal. Of course, THAT is extreme and incorrect, but that goes to show how much Battery varies with this phone. It's up to you, but you run the risk of getting an iPhone with other issues, which will cause you to debate if what you have right now is really an "issue".
I can't believe that. My friend complained of having only 12 hours (the whole day, basically) of standby time and his phone was replaced for a new one in the Apple store, no question asked.