Take Your Son/Daughter to Work Day 4/24/08

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
How many iPhone parents will be taking their non-furry children to work tomorrow?

I was planning on bringing the two older girls who normally have school when I bring their younger sister. Don't ask, but I'm sure my wife will appreciate just having Spots for company.

Do you hav activities planned for your children? Three daughters, three iPod Nanos, loaded to the brim with movies and songs.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
How many iPhone parents will be taking their non-furry children to work tomorrow?

I was planning on bringing the two older girls who normally have school when I bring their younger sister. Don't ask, but I'm sure my wife will appreciate just having Spots for company.

Do you hav activities planned for your children? Three daughters, three iPod Nanos, loaded to the brim with movies and songs.
i work in an office with 12 other people and only two of us have children. they're all over 18 and far from home. needless to say, no one brought their children to work today.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Do you have kids, Coasts, or were you referring to coworkers who had kids?

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
others...not me...if i had kids over 18, i would have had to father them when i was 12. if i remember middle school at all, that just wouldn't make sense.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I had to ask. Nothing surprises me anymore. :)

And Eragon, I won't be taking kids to work, but I remember when my aunt took me to work (Oh lord, I'm like an old lady telling stories, but I can't stop!)
She let me cut and paste from a coloring book, and I decided that my eyelashes would be more interesting (while looking up). Howling which filled the building came from her office, and I'm sure she was red-faced while she hustled me to the bathroom to wash my eyes out. Last time she ever took me to work. :eek:

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I had to ask. Nothing surprises me anymore. :)

And Eragon, I won't be taking kids to work, but I remember when my aunt took me to work (Oh lord, I'm like an old lady telling stories, but I can't stop!)
She let me cut and paste from a coloring book, and I decided that my eyelashes would be more interesting (while looking up). Howling which filled the building came from her office, and I'm sure she was red-faced while she hustled me to the bathroom to wash my eyes out. Last time she ever took me to work. :eek:
I took my three year old to work about a month ago. She played with the office secretary, watched a movie, colored in her coloring book. All was well until she started coloring the carpet with a crayon. Not a big deal as the wax wipes off the carpet.

The highlight of the day will be lunch when the girls go with their daddy to McDs. Of course I'll have a video camera to record the girls for old time sake.

I've already got enough Harry fur in my office, on my chair, etc. My boss has a St Bernard. I keep kidding with the secretary that I'll bring Harry.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Will you be bringing all three? Good for you taking the video cameras! They'll complain now but love it later. I'll wait to see if Mr. Spotter makes it to the office or not... :eek::eek:

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Will you be bringing all three? Good for you taking the video cameras! They'll complain now but love it later. I'll wait to see if Mr. Spotter makes it to the office or not... :eek::eek:
The videos are nice reminders for later when the girls are all grown up. Photos are nice too, but they don't convey the magic that children brought as they explored new experiences. Video captures the voices, the mood and the emotion.

Mr. Spotter comes with me wherever I go: both on the iPhone and on my clothes. My tennis shoes even bear the Dark Mark. When we take Harry to the Doggy Hilton, I even take his collar with me on our family trips. It is covered in white fur and smells just like him. Of course, I also take some of the kids' toys with me as well...

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
My dad works for nestle, and a long ago when it was "take your daughter to work day" and my dad worked in san-francisco, he took me. it was so much fun! We got to learn marketing, taste product, make advertisements and our own product packaging. It was the best!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
No kids, no work today, so I will live vicariously through you on iRovr.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I remember when it was only "take your daughter to work day" back when I was in elementary school and they finally switched it to son/daughter. I never went but I remember a few of the teachers bringing their children in.