Taking iPhone 3G to Germany

erhalt1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008
i need some help, i am going germany/austria for a couple of weeks. I am wondering if it would be cheaper to take and use my iPhone for emails, or take my pc. I don't know which one would be cheapest to use. I have a wireless card in my pc, but i am not sure how pc will work in europe. Also carrying a laptop everywhere would be combersom, I am using it just for a email.

any help that you could give me would be would be greatly apprisiated

thanks
erhalt1

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well I suppose it depends upon how much you are planning to e-mail. When I go to Europe or travel to other places abroad I use AT&T's International Voice Plan. It doesn't include Data but they also offer an International Data Plan. I believe it covers 50 MB of data for a fixed price, but I am not entirely sure.

If you really only plan on checking e-mail occasionally then it might be the best (and cheapest) option. Another thing to consider is the ability to access WiFi. If the WiFi is free (or included with your hotel stay) then you might be able to send and receive e-mail without purchasing any data plan and without having to lug around your laptop.