Taking iPhone from USA to China?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Harlnad, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Harlnad

Harlnad New Member

I'm an American living in China. I'm currently home on vacation, and some friends asked me to buy them an iPhone 4S while I'm here, and they'll pay me back when I return. I went to a couple of mobile phone stores, and they flat-out refused to sell me an iPhone without a contract. What am I supposed to do? Where's the best place to buy an iPhone 4s with no restrictions, that I can take back to China? What are the key words I should search for? Also, how about Chinese (simplified) langauge support?

2. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

Just buy it directly from the Apple Store without a contract; it will be factory unlocked too!

Simplified Chinese is supported just fine, there's no difference between iPhones sold in China compared to the US, aside from perhaps the default langauge is set to Chinese instead of English.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Lunfai

Lunfai Member
    Bronze

Depends If you can get to a retail Apple store, it'll be the only authorise seller in China as most mobiles stores will only sell contracted iPhones, the reason people if they sold the handset they wouldn't make any profit.