Taking iPhone to Apple Store, any tips?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
well i went to the AT&T store today and spoke with them, they said that my situation would be covered under warranty, but i had to take it to an Apple store. i'm just wondering if i should do anything else before i take it in as i'm sure they will run some diagnostic tests on it.

my iPhone was running 1.1.4 jailbroken using ziPhone 2.6b and my top half of my screen stopped working (i dropped it but no physical damage). i have restored it to 1.1.4 and upgraded to 2.0 and just told them that after i went to 2.0 that the screen stopped working. just wondering if i should do anything to upgrade my bootloader or anything like that. i am currently running normal 2.0 software. thanks for any advice.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
advice: don't tell them it was ever jailbroken

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
I wouldn't worry about it. A couple of months ago, my iPhone was charging and my 1 year old pulled it by the cord to the ground. After that point, I could no longer get it to be recognized by the computer. It would charge, but would not sync. Can't be detected by iTunes, so I couldn't restore.

I SSH'd into my phone and deleted as much crap as I could, but in the end had to send my JailBroken phone back to Apple. The end result? New phone, no questions asked. Shouldn't be a problem for you.

Jul 13, 2008
this happened to mine a while back, i wasn't jail broken, and mine did have some evidence of outter damage from being dropped. they still covered it under warranty and even sent me a loaner iPhone while the processed my claim and sent me brand new non scratched one :)

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yah i took it in today, waited like 2 hours to see a technician, talked to him for like 5 minutes, he didn't even plug it in or anything. just gave me a brand new iPhone on the spot. i'm gonna sell this one jailbroken and unlocked and get a 3g i think. cheers!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
yah i took it in today, waited like 2 hours to see a technician, talked to him for like 5 minutes, he didn't even plug it in or anything. just gave me a brand new iPhone on the spot. i'm gonna sell this one jailbroken and unlocked and get a 3g i think. cheers!
Nice result! Cool, glad it all worked out well ...