taking to Apple store?

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
i have a 1.1.4 jailbroken phone and awhile ago the lock button just stopped working soi finally decided that i need to take it in. is there any way i can keep all of my stuff (such as text messages)after a restore? because if i remember correctly if i restore from a backup somethings will still look modded? any help?

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Just restore it to the latest firmware 2.0.2 and then take it in. Tell them you thought restoring might help, but it's not helping. Make sure you delete you last backup save. You don't want Apple to know you JB it. Whatever you have in iTunes should still be there if you get a replacement. All you contacts should be saved to your windows address book, and all your ringtones, songs, apps, and podcast should still be in your itune. One last thing, do NOT admit you JB it if they ask[most likey they won't], just act dumb and say you never heard of it and what is it. If you ever bring up JB you are screwed.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
hey thank you very much I'll hit the thanks button when i get home but will there be any way I can keep my texts?

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
there was a program in Cydia but I don't think it saves them to your computer. so more than likely no.