Taking Valentines bets here.....

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
Ok so some may remember me as the one that bought her hubby an iPhone for christmas and it was a gift he totally was NOT expecting but of course lovesssssssssssssssssss.

I told him then that valentines day was around the corner and threw out some big hits.... so place your bets here. Do you think I will get one or no?;)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well, I hope that if you hinted for an iPhone, you get one. I'm thinking it would be the perfect time for your hubby to repay you. Are you hinting for a 16 GB at least?

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
I just hinted that an iPhone would be GREAT! LOL... I am not sure he would buy me one bigger than his 8g - you know that male ego!:p

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
hope you dropped big enough hints. sometimes with us guys those hints just fly right over our heads!

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
Oh you cant get any bigger than coming out and requesteing it lol....:cool:

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
Oh you cant get any bigger than coming out and requesteing it lol....:cool:
Nothing like a woman who knows what she wants! You should get one since you came out and told him. I would rather get what the wife wants instead of guessing. It keeps the household happy if you know what i mean? :sick:

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I bet if you shave your legs and put make up on you'll get one ;)

Seriously, you'll get it. :)

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
Since you got him an iPhone im not sure if he will get you one..

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I really hope you get one. But I have to admit I've never spent a whole lot on Valentine's gifts. ;)

(In case I am in the minority I have an excuse: my daughter was born on Valentine's day so that kinda took over the day.)

--
Mike

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I dunno....some guys spend hundreds of dollars on jewelry on V-day, so why not spend it on an iPhone?

AWY

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
California
I'm pulling for ya. Hopefully, you'll be enjoying a new iPhone, soon. :)

Two years ago I surprised my wife with a 5 day trip to Paris for Valentines DAy. I had called her boss in advance to get her the time off, had bought her a new wardrobe and packed for her, and found a killer deal through Travelzoo for the trip. I picked her up at work with our passports tucked in my jacket pocket in the afternoon, drove straight to the airport and didn't tell her about the surprise until she was standing at the gate looking at our destination on the board. I basically killed all the money I had saved up for quite a few years to nail this romantic gesture.

A couple of days later while we were sipping wine on Valentines Day in a nice restuarant in St. Michel my wife handed me a gift. It was a watch. I didn't have anything to give her, the trip was it. She said to me quietly in an attempt to avoid hurting my feelings, "Don't get me wrong, I love what you've done, but you never did get my hint about that ankle bracelet did you?"

Hints don't work. Tell him what you want or you both are in for a disappointment. We guys don't read minds well at all.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
the easiest way to get a iPhone is to infringe on his. If everytime he puts it down you are using it, he will get you one. One thing we hate is to have to share our electronics. LOL

Nov 26, 2007
I agree, I would by far rather get an iPhone/electronic gadget over jewlery......but thats just me, maybe im not the average girl.
Got my iPhone for christmas, was the best ever!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I have faith in him. Bet you get the phone plus. I would say you might even get a case, but that is such a personal choice that he will probably take you to pick the one that you like best. I will even go out on a limb and say you won't even have to shave you legs because he loves you that much.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I really hope you get one. But I have to admit I've never spent a whole lot on Valentine's gifts. ;)

(In case I am in the minority I have an excuse: my daughter was born on Valentine's day so that kinda took over the day.)

--
Mike
I don't spend much on Valentines either...just nice dinner and some roses. My thoughts on Valentines is it's just a second chance holiday for the guys that screwed up on the Christmas gifts to their lady. ;)

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
my girl has never mentioned wanting one but i wanna get it for her so that she can enjoy it as much as i do... the only thing is that she likes having razors so that she can just throw then around.. i think that having a iPhone will be to much maintenance for her...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
oh and to answer the question... if you asked for it i think that is enough .. it would be for me...

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
I did ask for it and I explained that every year I get flowers and a card...and that this year I better get something BIG! LOL.... So we will see - I will let you know on Thursday night! hehehehe