Talk me out of it. You have until...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ramesh, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Ramesh

Ramesh Zealot
    Gold

Monday (Nov 17th). I'm beyond frustrated with my 3G. Jailbroken or not, I can't surf the internet without Safari crashing. Not once in a while - EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's absolutely ridiculous. I found that rebooting or respringing my phone will help, but only for a few minutes worth of browsing.

Then today, a totally new problem. My battery was completely, COMPLETELY dead after 3.5 hours. Nothing on my phone has changed in weeks. Today I really needed my phone due to health complications, and it was of no use to me whatsoever. I'm not set on which phone to replace this phone with, but this is absurd.

I'm not bitching, just to *****, be aware of that. I love the iPhone. It's the only phone that has ever held my attention this long. So about a year and a half into this iPhone experience, I think I am at my wit's end.

Feel free to talk me out of this, or suggest a new phone.

2. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

- Delete some apps, that will free up memory and hopefully stop Safari from crashing.
    - Leave it on the charger for 24 hours.

Try the above. They worked for me.

3. Ramesh

Ramesh Zealot
    Gold

Thanks. I've tried that. My phone is only about 50% filled (16GB, White). I also only keep 1 or 2 safari tabs/windows open in order to keep the memory usage down. So far, none of that has helped.

4. free2rhyme590

free2rhyme590 New Member
    Gold

this is exactly what's happening to my phone... i'm on a website looking up some important information and then safari just crashes! it drives me crazy! and for battery...omg its horrible about the same time as yours...but in the end... i can't make the switch! lol... i went to att yesterday and i liked the blackberry bold and the htc fuze and was seriously interested in getting one of the two but i can't imagine not having my iPhone... but i think i can handle having two phones :) If my iPhone can keep me interested for this long... its a keeper

5. Ramesh

Ramesh Zealot
    Gold

lol - that's pretty much where I am. I think I might get a fuze or bb bold, and keep the iPhone around for when I get bored.

6. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

If you can, keep the iPhone as a "spare" phone and buy something else.

Here's what I would suggest, limited to only AT&T phones:
    -BlackBerry Bold
    -HTC Fuze

If you plan on switching networks:
    -BlackBerry Storm (Or unlock this for the AT&T network)
    -BlackBerry 8900/Javelin (Curve 2)

If you want something most people won't have:
    -Samsung Omnia

As you can see, I like BlackBerry's a lot, but anyways, those are my suggestions...

7. Hayesimus

Hayesimus Guest

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.

8. free2rhyme590

free2rhyme590 New Member
    Gold

actually theres a Samsung eternity on the att website that is supposedly just like the omnia... just no wifi

9. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

I checked it out before I posted that ^ there lol. It's a little bit different than the Omnia, but a different OS. I didn't put the Eternity because I thought the Omnia would be a better user experience more similar to the iPhone's.

10. free2rhyme590

free2rhyme590 New Member
    Gold

yes i agree... i like the fuze too but it just seems so bulky... but it is a nice phone nonetheless as is the bold... but my iPhone is my number 1 :)

11. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

I completely agree.
    But I think it's way nicer than the Sprint version.
    I'm glad they put the "diamond" back on instead of the ugly silver Sprint one.

12. AdrianCubed

AdrianCubed Zealot
    Gold

I think there's something about the JB that just drinks the battery.

Before my battery life was really good, after living about 2weeks now with the JB, im amazed at how sometimes you make one or 2 calls and your in the yellow.

I suggest taking it to Apple and complaining abou the battery, they should give u a new one. I've been hearing that the new one have slightly better battery life.

13. psylichon

psylichon Genius

We do have a private messaging system for matters such as discussing other phones ;)

Hehe, seriously though, I can see that some of these new phones are going to pull away our ranks. It's a shame, but something I expected.

I fear not. You will be back for the next iteration of the iPhone. Ya whores.

14. Saverino

Saverino Zealot
    Gold

My name is Savio, and I am a phone whore. :laugh2:

15. Ramesh

Ramesh Zealot
    Gold

JB has nothing to do with it, for me at least. My battery life was the same as when I wasn't JB. My battery never changed until today.

As for the Fuze - a co-worker has one. I played with it, and it seemed "ok". Browsing sucked though.

16. SikShift

SikShift Zealot
    Gold

Hey Ramesh, I would look into the BB Bold as some have already mentioned...I'm gonna be getting one later today *gasp*

17. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Yes, the BB has joined forces with the dark side. Do not go there! Dude, my safari rarely crashes. Must be some apps you have that may be causing a conflict as well as the battery drain. Use the force (can a BB make lightsaber sounds? I think not)

18. projectdarkside

projectdarkside New Member

Sorry to hear about this Ramesh :(
    -But I think you should wait until the 2.0.2 update later on this month

If the update doesn't help you out with the safari crashing and battery life...then...ya kno I would go look at some other phones :(
    -But only go for the HTC Fuze or the Blackberry Storm, cause eventhough I also love the iPhone if I were forced to go for another phone then those 2 would be my picks

GoodLuck Ramesh!

19. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

Restore. That's the only suggestion a newbie iPhone user like myself can tell you. If not, dump it and buy a HTC Diamond, totally better than iPhone, both 2G and 3G.

20. coasts

coasts Zealot
    Gold

Rum Street, chill out. we all know you aint goin' nowherez!

you drive, right? get a car charger. keep that ish juiced up, kid!

don't know Y U B crashin'...never happens to me...really...never, 'cept when i'm on zinio.com

so, light one up and get postin' on Rovr, you skinny bastard.