talking and listening to music

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
i just found out some weird feature. Last night i was talking with my girlfriend and i got a little bored so i pushed the home button and tapped on the ipod. i pushed play and there comes the music, and she was still talking and i could talk back. i thought it was a good feature if you were put on hold or whatever. The only thing i wish could be different is if the call volume could be all the way up and music set at a lower level so you could keep it on, like background music. i thought i should share... and sorry if its old news.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i just found out some weird feature. Last night i was talking with my girlfriend and i got a little bored so i pushed the home button and tapped on the ipod. i pushed play and there comes the music, and she was still talking and i could talk back. i thought it was a good feature if you were put on hold or whatever. The only thing i wish could be different is if the call volume could be all the way up and music set at a lower level so you could keep it on, like background music. i thought i should share... and sorry if its old news.
I've never noticed this. I'll have to try it.

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I do this all the time. The person on the other end of the phone can hear the music too, but it's usually a bit muffled.

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
LMAO, "i got a little bored".....good times

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
WAIT A MINUTE

people can hear what your listening to before the line is connected?
and when you talk on the phone with somebody, and play the ipod.. can they hear it. or does it effect the sound quality?
someone please tell me. it would be too good to be true if you can listen to your ipod while tlaking on the phone, and giving the option of letting the caller hear your music or just you :p

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
WAIT A MINUTE

people can hear what your listening to before the line is connected?
and when you talk on the phone with somebody, and play the ipod.. can they hear it. or does it effect the sound quality?
someone please tell me. it would be too good to be true if you can listen to your ipod while tlaking on the phone, and giving the option of letting the caller hear your music or just you :p
You can indeed play your iPod while talking on the phone. However, the volume of the music often masks the caller you're talking to. That individual can also hear the music you're playing. It's pretty clear, but distant sounding. It's a good way of sharing a song with someone quickly without holding your phone up to the radio or whatever.

RomeoSto

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Chicago IL
interesting idea about sharing music but, this is also a way for someone to be rude on the phone. Every met someone that does everything on the phone but talk to u? ;)

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
interesting idea about sharing music but, this is also a way for someone to be rude on the phone. Every met someone that does everything on the phone but talk to u? ;)
Yeah, but I have a way of not talking to rude people. I wouldn't just randomly start listening in the middle of a conversation and I'd likely hang up on someone who would.:p

RomeoSto

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Chicago IL
I would hang up as well but, I'm saying this from a prospective that the rude person has an iPhone and does this:) It gives them more pointless conversation options