Tampa Bay/Clearwater FL 3G Service

ibrencent

Bronze
Oct 25, 2008
Palm Harbor, FL
I'm curious if anyone here lives in this area and could tell me how good the 3G service is on the iPhone. Thanks.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm from Tampa and I can tell you the 3G coverage is top notch. I rarely hit an area without 3G.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I was back in Tampa and Bradenton last week. Bradenton was sketchy, but Tampa was screamin' fast.

ibrencent

Bronze
Oct 25, 2008
Palm Harbor, FL
Wow great thank you for the replies. This is getting me closer to making my decision. I currently have the 1st gen iPhone and I'm contemplating on paying the extra $10 a month it would cost me to own the phone for the data and 200 text messages. I have a premier account and they are offering a $99 refurbished 8 gb iPhone 3g.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Wow great thank you for the replies. This is getting me closer to making my decision. I currently have the 1st gen iPhone and I'm contemplating on paying the extra $10 a month it would cost me to own the phone for the data and 200 text messages. I have a premier account and they are offering a $99 refurbished 8 gb iPhone 3g.
lol - Sorry to burst your bubble, but everyone is eligible for the 99 refurb. Hurry if you're going to get one, they went fast last time.

ibrencent

Bronze
Oct 25, 2008
Palm Harbor, FL
lol - Sorry to burst your bubble, but everyone is eligible for the 99 refurb. Hurry if you're going to get one, they went fast last time.
No bursted bubble here man. I didn't know that was the case. I did jump on it because I figured they would go pretty quick.