Tapatalk Forum App (updated):

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I was able to sign in other forums from the app but I still get a crash once I try EIC. everything was slow even just to search for forums right before I was able to sign in, so maybe they are trying to fix whatever it's causing all this crashes.

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
I was able to sign in other forums from the app but I still get a crash once I try EIC. everything was slow even just to search for forums right before I was able to sign in, so maybe they are trying to fix whatever it's causing all this crashes.
I haven't had a problem with it at all so far. It sounds to me from what you are saying here is that this only happens to you when you visit eiC, so maybe that is where the problem is. The eiC App use to crash on me all the time which is why I no longer use it.... One thing to try that I did and it might work for you is to uninstall the App all together, after you reinstall it again, clear the Cache which is one of the new features.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Most of the application crashes you see are because your devices are jailbroken. For instance the eiC app, it used to crash like mad on my iPhone 4, but when restoring to stock it worked absolutely fine. I'm not saying it's not a bad bit of code written into the apps because that does happen. A lot with some apps.

Benny, if you're encountering problems, quit the app, remove it from the multitasking bar, delete it, hard-reset the device and reinstall the app.

Irish, the latest build of the eiC app is stable, you should try it out. Works fine for me (y)

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
John, I did try the latest eiC App build, however, it still crashed even after I did the things you mentioned above. It might be as you said, because of being jailbroken. I have been jailbroken for so long, that I wouldn't know if one of my apps was having an issue related to the JB or not.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
John, I did try the latest eiC App build, however, it still crashed even after I did the things you mentioned above. It might be as you said, because of being jailbroken. I have been jailbroken for so long, that I wouldn't know if one of my apps was having an issue related to the JB or not.

---
You can download Crash Reporter from Cydia, this will populate crash logs for you. It's worth having if you want to work out why you're seeing crashes.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Yeah John I restored my first time because the EIC wouldn't open anymore, all it did was crash. That was the last time I had problems with the EIC app. Tapatalk is just strange, some forums open some don't. but I'll try the hard reset one more time.

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
If the eiC App had Convos available it would probably be worth the effort to download Crash Report and see where the problem is. I like Tapatalk much better as it has always worked well for me. It is easier for me to navigate to my other forum without having to close out one App and open up another one.

---

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
No work, still other forums work but not the EIC. I'm ok thou, the EIC works fine so I can use that and just keep trying. Thanks John.

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
You can download Crash Reporter from Cydia, this will populate crash logs for you. It's worth having if you want to work out why you're seeing crashes.
Just to update this thread, Tapatalk did crash 3 times yesterday and twice today so far. I downloaded Crash Report from Cydia to see what was going on. However, I really don't see why it is useful as it doesn't show what caused the crash to occur. Since it just started happening to me, I reported the Bug to the developer in hopes that they'll fix it.

---

Last edited by a moderator:

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Is there anything that's blocking tapatalk from logging in EIC? am I the only one having this issue? Out of 5 forums EIC is the only one that crashes ones I try to log in.

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
Is there anything that's blocking tapatalk from logging in EIC? am I the only one having this issue? Out of 5 forums EIC is the only one that crashes ones I try to log in.
Don't know what the issue is in your case, Benny. I've been using Taptalk on here today with no crashes when logging on. It has crashed twice when I attempted to close eiC and go to another forum, though.

---

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Don't know what the issue is in your case, Benny. I've been using Taptalk on here today with no crashes when logging on. It has crashed twice when I attempted to close eiC and go to another forum, though.

---
I'm thinking conspiracy lol
Plus I miss convos.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I thought that the jailbreak forums were opened on the eiC app at one point and just assumed that that would open them in tapatalk. It got retracted again or it's good in the eiC app but locked out in tapatalk only?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
I thought that the jailbreak forums were opened on the eiC app at one point and just assumed that that would open them in tapatalk. It got retracted again or it's good in the eiC app but locked out in tapatalk only?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
The jailbreak forum here at eiC isn't viewable on Tapatalk or the eiC app. Although the jailbreak sections on other Apple forums that I frequent are viewable. If I remember correctly, Chris removed the jailbreak section from the eiC app in order to get it approved in the app store.

---