TapTap Revolution rocks...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
TapTap Revolution will be one of those native apps that Apple will "officially endorse" in the future, IMO. It's perfectly suited to showcase the iPhone's music and touch capability.

Love the feature which allows you to play songs from your iTunes collection. My only problem is, who is creating and uploading these songs. Do they have rhythm?

For example, I "created new beat" by tapping out Foo Fighters' Best of You and it got uploaded to the list. Well, I suck at TapTap, and never really played Guitar Hero. I do play real guitar but my timing is not the best. So if you see Best of You (Jul. 2005), that was my creation.

Point is, so all these tap tap songs uploaded are just being made by anyone? Are the taps true to the music?

PS- I still love the game and I think Nate True is genius for creating this game...

List of songs:
http://devices.natetrue.com/ttr/iTunes.html

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I wholeheartedly agree with you. It seems like a perfect fit for the iPhone, especially the iTunes functionality.

If you want to take your affection for the game to the next level, check out my graphic mods. It makes the game a lot more enjoyable imho.

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/taptaprevolution-mod-new-graphics-w-ishare-links.10307/
Your upgrade looks really nice. Will try it out.
How do you guys know how to write programming for all this stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
That's a good question, because lots of people out there don't have rhythm. I wasn't aware you could create your own track! Being a DJ/Producer I'm going to try that out and hopefully upload something good :)
That would be great if you did. It would be cool if eventually there were a list by individuals who know/play music so we all can actually learn the song's intended rhythm. And those who are Guitar Hero pro's, could help come up with cool tap sequences.

I noticed some of the uploaded songs were so off beat.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
You won't regret trying out the graphic mods, lol, it's a world of difference when you need to tap out 16ths of a beat that are close together.

As for programming, I have no clue how to do this kind of stuff, I'm a web programmar, if you could even call it that (HTML/CSS/XHML/PHP). I just happened to browse the application folder one day and realized the game's resource files weren't locked away inside a binary file. I just dragged them onto my desktop, made some tweaks and everything worked :)

Lastly, I too have noticed some seriously problems with some of the iTunes songs out there. Quite a few seem unnecessarily difficult with successions of taps on all 3 chords. That's not fun people, fun is patterns that have your fingers dancing on your screen and then challenge your muscle memory by changing the patterns and forcing them to do something different. There's a song that you can download titled Grey Does Matter - Already. I'm not too keen on the song, but it has a great tap sequence and it works well for the game.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Can anybody help me? Where does your created .tap from iTunes music end up? I don't know which forlder it saves it and I want to delete it. Thanks.