TapTapRevolution Mod: New Graphics! w/ iShare Links

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I'm back with more TTR graphics. Once I realized that all of the resource files are in the root directory I figured I'll take care of a couple of the minor issues I had with the game myself :p

These changes are:

Colored information text. Having the text for your tap results different colors means you don't have to read the message, but just glance at it's color to know how you did now.

Spark Hints, I added a border around the sparks so that they're easier to distinguish from one another when you have a lot of them close together. Right now it's pretty difficult to tell when to tap when you have a lot of sparks next to each other, and I consider that an artificially introduced level of difficulty that just doesn't need to be there.

A new logo area. I know Nate will have his own logo, but I just threw this one in there for now because it matches my message text a lot better than the old logo. Plus it ties in my icon pack a lot better :)

Icons, I have 3 available, you've seen them before, Red, Green and Blue for whatever suits your tastes.

You can see the differences below, as well as a video of the mod in action. I'm missing on purpose btw, lol.

1 - How to iShare Install

The First, and most important step is to delete the image files we are replacing.

It has come to my attention that iShare does not overwrite files, if it detects a file of the same name present, it skips that file.

So let's launch MobileFinder and browse to the Applications folder. Now, in MobileFinder, press the Settings button, and Turn Off "Application Launch"

This will prevent MobileFinder from launching TapTapRevolution, and allow you to browse the files inside it's folder. (You can turn back on these settings when we're done here)

Now, you're going to Delete the following files:
  • menuback.png
  • background.png
  • default.png
  • sparkle1.png
  • perfect.png
  • good.png
  • wrong.png
  • icon.png
Highlight an image, press the delete button below, and then press the delete button again. It will move to the left on the second press to make sure you didn't press the button on accident. Do this for all the files above and then we're ready to download from iShare!

2 - iShare Direct to iPhone Download

Now we're going to download the replacement images using iShare. To do this, enter these 6 digits at the end of the download URL in iShare i.e. after the forward slash in http://www.sendspace.com/file/

Game Images
  • menuback.png: mb1pdz
  • background.png: 6gl19x
  • default.png: hutyku
  • sparkle1.png: bldbrk
Text Images
  • perfect.png: xbdr0c
  • good.png: 8eiayv
  • wrong.png: qltk6m
Application Icon
Just install one of these, pick the color you prefer
  • Red: q7tq14
  • Green: 81y6ke
  • Blue: s3wn3u
To install these new files you'll need to browse to the directory below when iShare asks you where you would like to save them:

Applications/TTR.app/

For this example I'll download the sparkle1.png to the TTR.app folder:

Applications/TTR.app/sparkle1.png

*Note - you may need to press the folder labled ".." to browse up one folder and so on until you reach the main directory where the Applications folder is found. Once there, tap the Applications folder and locate TTR.app, tap it to browse it

Once You've downloaded a file, hit the back button, delete the 6 digits from the last download, and enter the next 6. Click the next button and do this until you get to the icon file. Just download one of those, whichever color suits your tastes ;)

Standard Install & Download
If you would like to install these files using your desktop computer, simply download the zip file below and copy the files to your TTR applications directory with WinSCP/Manzana/Breezy/iBrickr.

Applications/TTR.app/

For this example I'll copy good.png to the TTR.app folder:

Applications/TTR.app/good.png

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ld6gx

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Where does it save the created songs? How can I delete specific ones that I don't want? Do you think this is a feature that can be added? Thanks.

One more thing, does this app take a long time to load? Mine seems to take a while to load and it sometimes freezes on me as well.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Where does it save the created songs? How can I delete specific ones that I don't want? Do you think this is a feature that can be added? Thanks.

One more thing, does this app take a long time to load? Mine seems to take a while to load and it sometimes freezes on me as well.
The saved songs are found in:

var/root/Media/TTR/Music
and
var/root/Media/TTR/Taps

Just browse to those folders from MobileFinder and delete the songs you don't like. Make sure to delete the matching Taps file as well.

The app doesn't take a long time for me to load at all, maybe you have a lot of iTunes songs or something that its checking. I don't have a lot of music on my phone, just 1 gig, so maybe that could be a reason, I don't know.

I'm not the developer of this application, just a devoted fan. I can only hope Nate adds a file management system, if not, MobileFinder works just as well.

Thanks for posting!

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
The saved songs are found in:

var/root/Media/TTR/Music
and
var/root/Media/TTR/Taps

Just browse to those folders from MobileFinder and delete the songs you don't like. Make sure to delete the matching Taps file as well.

The app doesn't take a long time for me to load at all, maybe you have a lot of iTunes songs or something that its checking. I don't have a lot of music on my phone, just 1 gig, so maybe that could be a reason, I don't know.

I'm not the developer of this application, just a devoted fan. I can only hope Nate adds a file management system, if not, MobileFinder works just as well.

Thanks for posting!
The ones i created from my iTunes library doesn't seem to be there. Where could the tap files be at? I want to delete some of it and i cant find it.

What folder can I locate my itune songs? I might be in there. Thanks.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
The ones i created from my iTunes library doesn't seem to be there. Where could the tap files be at? I want to delete some of it and i cant find it.

What folder can I locate my itune songs? I might be in there. Thanks.
I haven't actually created any of my own songs yet, I've still been playing the ones other people have made.

Try looking in the Library/Preferences folder for ttr, maybe your taps are in there.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Can anybody help me? Where does your created .tap from iTunes music end up? I don't know which forlder it saves it and I want to delete it. Thanks.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I installed the files in Application/TTR/ but there are no other files in there and nothing changed in the program, am i missing something?
How are you putting these files onto your iPhone? Are you downloading from iShare, or uploading from your desktop computer?

We'll get you sorted out, just give us a little more info on your situation.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I was downloading with iShare on my iPhone, what program do i use to rename the other files?
I've found the problem, it stems from iShare's inability to overwrite files :(

You will first have to delete the files you are replacing with MobileFinder, and then download the replacements from iShare. It will work guaranteed 100%

Please head back to the first post in this thread, I've modified it for you and fixed the instructions thanks to you and burniksapwet's help!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Great Success!

Glad you got it to work!

Don't forget to check out the iTunes stuff, it's what keeps me comin' back, lol. Never in my life did I think I'd be playing a game to Kraftwerk :p

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Now if we could only find where the created .tap files are located I’ll be really happy. I want to delete old create .tap files so that it wont pile up. Can anyone help out with this?

wisegrape

Sep 23, 2007
x999x ROCKS!

Thank you for these and your other creations. I'm eagerly awaiting icon packs from you.
;)

Your themes through iShare are great and these here really improve ttr.
Thank You!